Plan, direct, and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the College’s marketing, communications and community relations programs, including media relations, publications, web design, social media, public relations, community relations, advertising and general marketing and promotion of College activities and events to internal and external audiences.
1. Contacts appropriate print and electronic media for coverage of College events, programs, and services, and arrange for interviews of appropriate College personnel. Provides members of the media with information about the College and facilitates story coverage.
2. Serves as College spokesperson for media inquiries. Provides for the timely release of information. Anticipates and responds to media inquiries, including those of a sensitive nature.
3. Plans, develops, implements and oversees the College marketing plan.
4. Oversees the brand management of the College.
5. Creates positive community perception through quality marketing and public relations materials.
6. Develops themes for, and oversees design and production of publications such as catalogs, class schedules, viewbooks, brochures, programs, annual reports, and fliers to ensure that publications are completed according to established deadlines, meet quality and graphics standards, and are consistent with the College’s brand and image.
7. Works with campus constituents to ensure consistent thematic approach to marketing and community relations.
8. Ensures compliance with SACSCOC and/or other accreditation publication standards.
9. Develops themes for, and oversees design of College websites to ensure that sites are current, accurate, and accessible; meets quality and graphics standards that are consistent with the College’s image.
10. Plans, directs, participates and evaluates the College’s social media initiatives.
11. Edits material written by College staff and review all promotional material intended for general distribution.
12. Provides information and assistance to members of the general public and various outside institutions and organizations; develop good working relationships with public groups and organizations that interface with the College.
13. Plans, publicizes and implements public relations activities.
14. Directs and participates in the development and implementation of major advertising campaigns using market research and demographic information to target prospective students, increase student enrollments, and provide visibility for the College.
15. Assists in efforts to disseminate information to employees and students, including overseeing production of a monthly employee newsletter and a weekly student newsletter, and posting critical news to the College’s intranet.
16. Directs and supervises staff and evaluates performance.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field;
2. Five or more years of full-time work experience in journalism, communications, marketing or public relations;
3. Experience in writing, proofing, and editing;
4. Experience with word processing and graphic design software;
5. Experience with both PCs and Macs;
6. Ability to initiate and navigate through all forms of social media;
7. Supervisory experience;
8. Budget management experience.
1. Master’s degree;
2. Experience working in a community college in marketing and public relations;
3. Successful experience working with media and social media.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Official transcripts, from a regionally accredited institution, are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - 6 months ago