Summary of Position:
The Director of Corporate Communications is accountable for regional PR strategy and initiatives across North America, including steering the messaging for each of the numerous U.S. offices. As a fast growing company, exciting and stimulating work environment, there is a need to stay abreast of the latest technology and social trends. Additionally he/she is responsible for leading the Corporate Communications team in New York by providing mentorship and guidance to the team. The position is responsible for the execution of all external U.S. communications, including creating various high quality PR collateral, building and maintaining strong media relations, management oversight of comprehensive speaking and events program, message development and social media engagement. R/GA is an entrepreneurial environment and encourages everyone to come up with creative solutions and news ways of working.
Media relations and management, including social media
- Collaborates to develop a PR plan for an, including a one year strategic plan across the U.S.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and effectively drafts recommendations and action plans around them.
- Accountable for the results of all media relations from the team.
- Reviews and packages materials for business development that can inform potential client business decisions.
- Guides overall media relations efforts of the Corp Comm team for multiple offices or the region.
- Provides strategic direction around individual media relations campaigns, delegating responsibility and serves as a clearinghouse for all PR pitches and collateral in the region.
- Identifies new media influencers, such as journalists, bloggers, etc.
- Assists with measurement of results and analysis.
- Knowledgeable about crisis communications
Comprehensive speaking and events program management
- Assumes responsibility over the quality, quantity and timeliness of deliverables for select top-tier events, working with agency executives on thought leadership platforms.
- Ensures overall R/GA messaging is consistent and incorporated into speakers' material.
- Increases R/GA involvement in client's business. Tracks and demonstrates the value generated.
Other relevant tasks
- Contribute to internal international newsletter.
- Discover new ways to create relevant internal communications, as a growing organization cross-office communication is essential.
- Outstanding and proven ability to craft various PR collateral, excellent writing skills
- Proven media relations skills and extensive experience working with press of all levels
- Thorough experience in message development
- Deep understanding of social media and how it fits into the PR/marketing mix.
- Understanding of technology and adaptable to a creative environment
- Knowledge of advertising and/or technology industries preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and multitask
- Superb attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- 8-12 years of relevant PR experience
R/GA - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -