The Director of Development, for the Lee County PACE Center for Girls is responsible for implementation of a broad range of fundraising activities with a primary focus on acquiring major gifts through identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects. This position will lead the development activities by maximizing community networking and volunteer involvement. Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent is the chief fund raiser for the center, and is responsible for developing and executing PACE fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs as identified by the Executive Director and in alignment with the strategic initiatives of the State/Central Development Office. He or she will serve as a strategic partner ensuring conformity with the central fund raising efforts and overall center development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
The incumbent in this position will serve as the chief major gift fundraiser for the Center and as such, he/she is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and the stewardship of the Center’s major gift prospects. The incumbent focuses on individual, corporate, and foundation prospects primarily at the $10,000 level and above. He/She directs the planning and implementation of all fundraising and alumni activities for the Center. Serves as advisor to the Executive Director of the Center on fundraising matters and coordinates development activities between the Center and the State Development Office and
Establishes and maintains contact with prospects to develop their interest and participation in fundraising projects and to provide information concerning the utilization of gifts.
The majority of solicitations handled by the incumbent will involve face-to-face contact. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating solicitation with center leadership and the State/Central Development Office; must communicate frequently with these persons, and must properly handle leadership, annual gifts and pledges made to PACE Center.
As steward of major gift prospects, coordinates with State/Central Development Office their appropriate involvement with donors interested in specific PACE Center activities and programs.
· Assists in creating an annual development plan, including revenue and expense targets, strategic donor cultivation, and timelines to meet the objectives of the plan.
· Develops solicitation proposals for local individuals, corporations, and foundations.
· Attends community networking events and builds partnerships on behalf of PACE with local foundations, corporations, and private donors.
· Provides support to the Believing in Girls (BIG)Society, and supports BIG Society Chairs in their recruitment and cultivation activities by providing materials, information, and assistance.
· Manages local event logistics, execution post event follow-up, including collaborating with the Believing in Girls Society Chairs to plan and execute the Society Recruitment Event and Recognition Luncheon; supports third-party fundraising efforts.
· Stewards all donor recognition at the local level and manages personal acknowledgment process for the Executive Director.
· Manages & updates donor/prospect information into database (E-Tapestry)for the center in coordination with state/central policies and guidelines.
Assists the Executive Director in disseminating information as it relates to the mission, philosophy, values, and principles of PACE. This includes composing correspondence to legislators and other persons as directed by the Executive Director.
· Ensures the Center website is accurate.
· Maintains appropriate donor communications with local constituents (i.e., newsletter, website updates, email blasts, etc.).
· Assists in the preparation of newsletters and calendars for internal staff and external publication.
· Assists the Executive Director in planning annual meetings, board meetings, Believing in Girl Society meetings, strategic planning sessions, luncheons, and point of entry tours. This includes preparing agendas.
· Compiles and prepares special reports and documents as directed by Executive Director.
· Proofreads reports and written documents for accuracy.
Board Support 15%
· In conjunction with the Executive Director provides administrative and fundraising support to the Board of Directors and its committees, including technical advice, timely information, and guidance concerning trends & new developments in major gift fundraising and specific donor strategies.
· Supports Executive Direction in board engagement and recruitment
· Attends board and/or committee meetings (may record minutes as required).
Other Duties 5%
Supports the fundraising and development activities of the PACE Center Inc, Organization including local & central initiatives and participates in major gift professional development and training.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have the ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers. He/She will possess strong project management skills and have an ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks.
In addition, they will possess the following:
· Ability to work collaboratively and as team player.
· Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills; effective time management and organizational skills.
· Has access to highly confidential information from prospects, donors, alumni, corporations and foundations and from volunteers. Must adhere to a high standard of ethics, and must stress confidentiality requirements to all volunteers.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
· Working knowledge in: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, WWW browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail.
· Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
· Must be able to travel with occasional overnight travel as needed.
· Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
· Current Florida driver’s license required.
PACE Center for Girls - 12 months ago