1. Create and implement direct mail appeals as appropriate.
2. Manage public relations and marketing efforts including press releases, media inquiries and annual report. a. Develop and distribute press releases in regards to all relevant RMCHF events/news. b. Manage the writing, design and production of each year's Annual Report. c. Handle all media inquires into RMCHF and MMB (with Executive Director). d. Prepares newsletters for all potential donors.
3. Update the website and social media with pertinent information.
4. Work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer of the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children to ensure all marketing and collateral materials are accurate and meets hospital guidelines.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with local media and other organizations that can provide marketing/PR opportunities to RMCHF and MMB, while also keeping a close relationship with the PR staff at HealthONE.
6. Research and implement creative and effective marketing strategies in order to maximize exposure to potential funders.
7. Prepare powerpoint presentations as requested by the Executive Director.
1. Create and implement an integrated development plan that includes annual fund, direct mail, grateful patients, restricted funds, major donors, special events and planned giving.
2. Solicit sponsorships for Kaleidoscope and other special events working closely with the Executive Director.
3. Develop and manage Employee and Physician donation program.
4. Solicit in-kind donations as needed.
5. Investigate and develop relationships with businesses and organizations that have charitable giving programs. Pursue funding opportunities as appropriate.
6. Develop meaningful and long-term partnerships with media, corporations, current and potential funders and their staff.
7. Ensure that donors are recognized in a timely matter.
8. Manage online donations through Community First Foundation, GivingFirst, and Colorado Gives Day.
1. Maintain existing grant funding relationships ensuring that all grant reporting and contract requirements are met, and additional funding opportunities are maximized.
2. Develop an annual calendar of grant submission dates and reporting deadlines.
3. Maintain continuing contact with Program Coordinator to assess needs and acquire all information needed to adequately present those needs to grant-makers.
4. Work closely with Program Coordinator to monitor grant budgets and provide instruction and guidance.
5. Collect reporting information from staff and prepare and submit required grant reports.
6. Research grant-making organizations and develop relationships that lead to new grant opportunities.
7. Research new funding prospects and evaluate programs to determine if they meet grant guidelines, prepare and submit grant proposals.
8. Write and submit grant proposals as necessary to meet organization's goals.
1. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest information for this role.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: None, CFRE is a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years experience with proven history of success with donor solicitation and retention, grant solicitations, and grant writing experience, healthcare knowledge is a plus.
Special Qualifications: Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent social interaction skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently. Ability to be self-directed, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and multitask. Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint and publisher.
Degree of Supervision Required: Involves general guidance and direction from the Executive Director. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
HealthONE - 6 months ago