Raise dollars to meet annual goals through direct solicitation of individual donors, foundations and corporations for major, in-kind and planned gifts. Involves face-to-face visits with gift donors and prospects. Conduct ongoing gift stewardship through follow-up visits, recognition and engagement of gift donors. Together with the College Dean and the Senior Director of Major Gifts, plan the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations within the College. Includes setting annual fundraising goals for the College, and developing and implementing strategies to achieve the goals. Function as a team member with College, University Advancement and Foundation staff to help ensure effective and efficient gift receipting, administration and stewardship; annual giving; alumni relations; marketing; alumni/donor database management; College scholarship administration; and advisory board development and management. Other duties as assigned at the direction of the Vice President for University Advancement, the Dean of the College and the Senior Director of Major Gifts.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of development, sales, marketing or related experience.
- Demonstrated track record of success in goal-setting and measurable achievement and follow-up.
- Demonstrated negotiating and closing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong presentation, writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use research and data to develop donor strategies that move a donor toward a gift and/or a collaborative partnership.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive contributing member of multiple teams at once (College and Division).
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato and the College of Business can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu and http://cob.mnsu.edu/.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Dr. Marilyn Fox, Professor/MBA Director
Department of Management
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Morris Hall 150 Mankato, MN 56001
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/MSUAASF_Contract_09-.pdf .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.