We have been engaged by our client to recruit their Director of Downstream Marketing. Our client is a leading Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer. This role is responsible for developing systems, programs, tools, messages, services and behaviors that will produce maximum results in driving sales. This person will organize and lead cross-functional teams of peers and others in developing market opportunities and enabling sales execution in the United States and Latin America. Ideal candidates will have 10+ years of medical device marketing experience including capital equipment and solid knowledge of hospital IT integration and data flow requirements for storage, retrieval and management of medical records. Strong knowledge of electrophysiology would be preferred. This position is located in Austin, TX. Relocation assistance is available.
- Develops and executes marketing and sales strategies and tactics to drive growth and differentiation to blunt the competition for assigned products.
- Be product subject matter expert as related to assigned products: Product knowledge / Market knowledge
- Develops and executes cross-functional commercialization plans with Product Marketing, Marketing Services, Education and HCE&R to ensure the needs of the full commercialization lifecycle are well planned and aligned across stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver key economic value proposition(s) for the capital portfolio and individual products by working in conjunction with Healthcare Economics team
- Market and develop the company’s connectivity solutions as vehicle to increase the company’s capital footprint by engaging in Hospital EMR and PACS connectivity.
- Exploit current installed base to increase additional capital footprints
- Develop key opinion leaders (KOL) to drive preference for the company's integrated lab solutions
- Program development to expand “footprint “of the company’s integrate d lab in teaching centers
- Understands and applies clinical evidence messaging to assigned products
- Supports, delivers and provides content for customized educational visits ( CEV’s)
- Determines customer needs and engages with product marketing to drive product and data development priorities and ensures implementation in support of launch preparation, sales execution and market penetration.
- Assures that quality of services meets internal and external customer requirements
- Works within a matrix, among USD sales management, to support sales management focus upon timeline-based sales initiatives relative to achieving specific product sales goals within defined geographic domains.
- Works within a matrix, among Corporate Accounts management, to support bids and contracts processes when such activities are centered on specific sales initiatives.
- Collaborates with Marketing Services to execute multi-channel marketi ng strategies and develop the company’s brand in support of accelerating sales.
- Works in conjunction with Training and Education to develop and support training for new product launches and current products.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent plus typically ten plus years of progressively more responsible business experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent, including product or market management experience in healthcare capital equipment. MBA and international class III medical device marketing experience preferred.
- S olid knowledge of hospital IT integration and data flow requirements for storage, retrieval and management of medical records.
- Seasoned judgment acquired through organizational experience and a demonstrated record of achievements in successfully building a business.
- A substantive knowledge of the cardiac medical device industry, health care delivery, and managed care/reimbursement markets and the factors that drive them is required.
- A thorough understanding of product and market management, physician, and patient marketing is also required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize development projects using customer input. Requires the ability to track financial metrics and make appropriate adjustments to successfully achieve revenue/unit goals.
- Documented record of delivering marketing information which adds value to management’s decision making process.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; the ability to lead a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and applications, such as, Microsoft Office.
- Must be adept at handling multiple assignments and accomplish these projects within budgetary guidelines.
Monster - 13 months ago