As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country - Quidsi, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon, owns and operates ten websites, most well-known being Diapers.com (baby care) and Soap.com (health, beauty and household essentials), and also BeautyBar.com, Wag.com, Casa.com, YoYo.com, Vine.com, AfterSchool.com, Bookworm.com and Look.com. We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture and the experience for our customers.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to lead the technical direction and software delivery. You'll lead the technology vision, teams, and systems for all of our 10 websites. You will ensure that our customers are offered curated site experience, select across a growing and increasingly varied set of items, the convenience of fast shipping speed, leveraging Amazon's technological capabilities and platforms to make our solutions compelling, unique and sustainable.
You will build a new technology team to design, develop, and re-launch Quidsi websites. You will be unlocking opportunities to offer customers innovative shopping experiences by leveraging Amazon's technology and fulfillment capabilities. Shipping speed and curated site experience are key part of the customer experience when shopping on Quidsi websites.
You will own both the front-end user experience and back-end services for all of Quidsi websites, through which we are increasing our selection and convenience to our customers. Technology leadership requires focus on scale while simultaneously devising experiments that make it even easier for customers to buy the items they need.
This is truly unique career opportunity for a technology leader who likes to invent as well as dive deep. You'll be the hands-on leader of a team, overseeing a broad range of platform integrations, improvements and customer-facing features. You'll partner with business leadership to initiate and prioritize key projects and work beyond our organization to tap into Operations capabilities. You'll operate at all levels of the technology stack, supporting a broad set of clients and collaborating with a wide range of service providers (internal and external).
The successful candidate has a great track record of delivering results, is a versatile people-manager of technology managers as well as individual engineers locally and in remote offices, and possesses architectural depth to steer teams toward highly performing, global systems. You're curious about what it takes to delivering convenience to millions of busy moms and creative about bringing more value to customers. You're a strong communicator both within your team and with stakeholders at all levels of the company. You apply analytical and program management skills to make decisions that result in significant business impact. You demonstrate operational excellence in everything you build and instill best practices across your teams.
- 5+ years experience building and managing high performance software teams, including experience managing multiple concurrent programs or projects.
- Development experience in Java or C++ and object oriented design and development
- Demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions and manage complex initiatives from conception to launch
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
Quidsi Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Demonstrated ability to break down ambiguous, complex problems and drive high-quality, innovative, and clean technical solutions
- Experience building and operating highly available, highly scalable, high-volume systems
- Working experience with UNIX/Linux and service oriented architectures
- Experience leading remote development teams
- Passion for customer experience
Soap.com - 18 months ago