This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and level of difficulty required of this position; it is not intended to limit the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of an employee under his/her supervision.
This position monitors and supervises all functions involving recruitment of students for the campus. This position also assists in the development of all sales-related goals for the campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise and monitor daily activities of Admissions Representatives; ensure that admissions team is adequately trained and properly staffed so individual and team goals are achieved. Ensure that Admissions Representatives provide personal attention to each prospective student.
2. Assume primary responsibility for the hiring, orientation, and training of new Admissions Representatives.
3. Assist Campus President with creation of annual admissions plan including staffing, budget, sales goals, advertising, and public relations.
4. Assist with all areas of recruitment and promotion as needed (literature, open house, high school public relations, advertising, etc.).
5. Maintain effective communications with the Campus President and the Director of Enrollment Management.
6. Assess new and changing recruitment markets; become familiar with competition and be alert to consumer demands.
7. Conduct weekly sales meetings for the purpose of motivation, product knowledge, and training.
8. Develop and administer a continuous self-improvement plan for admissions team.
9. Promote teamwork throughout the campus and utilize teamwork concepts to achieve overall campus goals.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: designs work flows and procedures, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, listens to others without interrupting, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, puts success of team above own interests, writes clearly and informatively, presents numerical data effectively, builds commitment and overcomes resistance, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities, inspires and motivates others to perform well, displays passion and optimism, includes staff in planning, decision-making, makes self available to staff, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, follows policies and procedures, develops strategies to achieve organizational goals, manages competing demands, develops innovative approaches and ideas, prioritizes and plans work activities, treats others with respect and consideration, and upholds organizational values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel: This position will require travel and some overnight stays. The travel for this position is expected to range between 50-75%. The home office for this position will be with Administration at 500 N. Meridian St. Indianapolis.
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent and at least 3 years of previous work experience in proprietary admissions, or equivalent combination of education and experience, and at least one year of supervisory/managerial experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in addition to familiarity performing research on the Internet.
Directly supervises employees in the Admissions Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Harrison College - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard