Callen-Lorde is seeking a seasoned, dynamic executive with strong knowledge of healthcare financial management to provide financial leadership to our growing Federally Qualified Health Center.
As a Senior Manager reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance (DF) guides all aspects of the organization’s financial management. You will provide leadership, direction, and oversight for accounting, payroll, and purchasing, patient accounts/billing. Areas of focus will include government contract management, capital structure and debt management, strategic budgeting, and financial operations. The ideal candidate is hands-on working manager whose goal is to maintain a high level of patient and staff satisfaction, excellent vendor and lender relationships, and long-term financial equilibrium for the organization.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring compliance with Federal/State tax guidelines and laws as they relate to 501c(3) organizations as well as regulations for all federal, State, and local funding sources; ensuring accurate and timely completion of all reports related to reimbursement (including Medicare and Medicaid cost reports) and funding (including UDS) reports; facilitating the smooth and efficient performance of annual external audits; preparing monthly financial statements and providing financial reports to the Board of Directors.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications in order to be considered for this position:
If you possess a strong commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde, strong accounting and finance expertise, and the desire to work with diverse populations, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
- CPA certification is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible financial management experience, preferably including at least two in a health care setting and managing an annual budget in excess of 15 million.
- In-depth knowledge of New York State health care financing, including Federally Qualified Health Center reimbursement, as well as federal, State, and City service contract requirements.
- Demonstrated excellence in hands-on supervision, team leadership, business planning, and systems development.
- Strong interest in developing services for underserved populations, particularly LGBT communities.
Subject: Director of Finance Search
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
356 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
Callen-Lorde - 22 months ago
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services primarily to New York's lesbian, gay,...