POSITION SUMMARY: |
Under the direction of the Associate VP of Client Relations (site director) and with the assistance and input from Synergis Educations corporate finance, maintains the accounts and financial records of students in the adult program. Interfaces with the colleges financial aid department to ensure the proper application of Title IV aid to students accounts. Maintain accounts receivable within acceptable levels. Hires, trains and manages accounting staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interviews, hires, trains and manages all Synergis accounting staff for the partner location.
- Assists the site director in the development of the site budget.
- Accurately invoices all adult students for credits taken.
- Collects and applies payments to, and accurately maintains student accounts in compliance with all generally accepted accounting principles and all federal and state regulations. Counsels students on payment and educational financing alternatives.
- Provide direction necessary for the accurate and timely recording of the accounting data.
- Preparation of journal entries necessary to record all financial activity.
- Review and approval of account reconciliations.
- Provides financial reports to the site director, Synergis corporate management, and the partner institution as required.
- Works with the partner institutions Financial Aid Department for maintaining all accounts in compliance with Title IV.
- Monitors the sites expenditures and keeps the location within budget on all expenses.
- Represents Synergis on appropriate campus committees.
- Maintain effective and appropriate relationships with the Synergic and Partner Institution employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by site director and the senior management of Synergis
- A thorough knowledge of business, and finance as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelor degree in business, accounting or related field.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible management experience in an accounting/finance environment, developing and implementing training programs and/or team building and motivational activities, as well as, managing departmental programs and activities.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and a working knowledge of Local, State, and Federal financial aid regulations
- Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
- Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicated and convey a professional image to the client, students and the corporate community.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
- Organization Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
CareerBuilder - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -