This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and level of difficulty required of this position; it is not intended to limit the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of an employee under his/her supervision.
PRIMARYFUNCTION: Responsible for greeting visitors and prospective students in a professional manner. Responsibilities also include answering all incoming telephone calls for Indianapolis and Administrative staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greet all visitors in a manner that displays a positive image of Harrison College.
2. Maintain a friendly and professional attitude while on the telephone and direct all incoming calls to the proper individual. Answer all incoming calls expediently.
3. Ensure that all prospective students are directed to the admissions department in a timely manner.
4. Ensure the lobby area remains organized and clean at all times.
5. Ensure that instructors and the education department have a copy of the student log.
6. Purchase and maintain office supplies for instructors, Education Office, and the Business Office.
7. Type labels and send information to students as needed.
8. Provide clerical support to administrative assistant of campus director.
9. Sort and route mail to the proper individual/department.
10. Open main office area by 7:25 a.m. daily. Telephone system to be operating at 7:30 a.m.
11. Prepare transcripts, degrees and diplomas for graduation as needed.
12. Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, able to read and interpret written information, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, adapts to changes in the work environment, keeps commitments, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, completes work in timely manner and upholds organizational values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) prefer associate's degree (A. A.) in business related field or two years previous work experience in office setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in addition to familiarity performing research on the Internet.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please respond to the following:
Harrison College - 30+ days ago