Director of Guest Services
HARD ROCK HOTEL SAN DIEGO
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself. The Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego is looking for a Director of Guest Services for this new hotel located at the epicenter of San Diego’s entertainment and music district known as the Gas Lamp Quarter.
The candidate selected for this position will report directly to the Hotel Manager.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this capacity, you will work in an environment that values not only your results, but also the way in which you lead and interact with people. This person will resolve any guest issues and complaints. Provide the appropriate pre-planning for all Hard Rock Hotel VIP stays as well as follow-up on guest alerts and other Hard Rock Hotel requirements. The ability to maintain profitability and quality standards. Increase the level of guest satisfaction by implementing new ideas and programs. Responsible for supervising, training, scheduling, and coaching staff.
1. Recruit new employees from within the community to staff the hotel.
3. Select, hire, train, supervise, coach, and counsel rooms division staff.
4. Participate in the induction of new staff members to Hard Rock culture.
5. Train and empower employees to exercise good judgment to make decisions regarding service, product quality, and Guest satisfaction by adhering to company training standards.
6. Create expectations, lead people, manage processes and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and timetables.
8. Communicate with employees to keep them informed on hotel, regional, and corporate procedures. Conduct daily operations meeting.
9. Evaluate work procedures, review standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that have arisen.
11. Conduct meetings with staff to communicate incentive programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunities, special events, etc.
13. Conduct daily walk-through to build rapport, assess Guest satisfaction, develop relationships and promote repeat business.
14. Resolve Guest complaints.
15. Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
16. Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from Guests, employees and other managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/hotel performance.
17. Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away Guest expectations.
1. Oversee the operations of the Front Office, Bell, Ground Control (Operators), and Concierge.
3. Supervise procedural aspects of the hotel’s Guest services, maintain presence during peak traffic periods.
4. Coordinate contracts and manage relationships with outside venders, including valet, food & beverage ,laundry, security, etc.
5. Inspect product (rooms, outlets, amenities) to ensure adherence to standards.
6. Provide employees with tools and supplies needed for success.
7. Present a professional image to employees, Guests, clients, owners and investors.
8. Maintain an active presence throughout the business.
9. Communicate constantly with Hard Rock Corporate to roll out and provide feedback on brand initiatives.
10. Review and develop Guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat Guests.
11. Develop systems to facilitate operations of Vibe, VIP, and Everything is Possible programs.
12. Ensure coordination of daily VIP requirements, including list distribution, room inspections, amenity placement, welcome letters, gifts, guest escorts, etc.
14. Ensure proper communication with sales department to satisfy any special group needs.
15. Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock Hotels unique.
16. Be available to provide Kick Ass Service and take initiative to offer assistance throughout the hotel.
1. Participate in the preparation of annual budget and business plan to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel, set financial goals and plan expenses. Monitor actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments.
2. Placement of various audit systems to assure standards.
3. Balance staffing levels and labor costs to achieve a cost effective plan for running the hotel.
4. Monitor and control product, supply and labor costs using established methods to meet goals.
5. Communicate with Hotel Manager and/or General Manager regarding sales, new procedures, liability concerns, or other hotel business to keep him/her informed.
6. Build business/market share by thinking of new ways to promote company and new ways that will bring in business, and by participating in local events to increase sales and profits.
11. Operate ethically to protect the image of Hard Rock.
12. Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
13. Develop, implement, and participate in the hotel’s Manager on Duty program.
1. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides knowledge, skills and abilities.
2. 3 – 5 years hospitality management experience required.
3. Deep understanding of lifestyle hotel products and Guest services.
4. Ability to create an enjoyable work environment, mentoring skills, multi-tasked, strong motivational skills.
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
8. Computer skills (Microsoft office).
Equal Opportunity Employer