SUMMARY: Working closely with the Senior VP of Supply Center Operations, the Director of IT- Distribution Applications is responsible for leading and motivating software developers in on-time delivery of distribution applications and integration projects. This position will maintain information technology strategies by managing staff and researching and implementing strategic technology solutions.
- Meets or exceeds the IT-related business requirements of our internal customer and creatively determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems and applications.
- Effectively establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology department.
- Fosters a continuous improvement culture to advance all areas of the business and IT.
- Maintains organizational effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for development and delivery of information technology services and functionality.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Senior VP, Supply Center Operations
- VP, Information Technology
- IT staff
- Internal customers
- Degree in IT or related field with 8+ years’ experience, preferably in a distribution environment with a minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and motivate other personnel while influencing change at all levels within the organization.
- Must be Analytical and able to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities, use time efficiently.
- Develop and implement realistic action plans.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated Materials - 7 months ago
Associated Materials is a leading manufacturer of professionally installed exterior building products. It is able to meet the wide variety...