Safe-Guard Products International, LLC is a premier provider and administrator of automotive related insurance products including Vehicle Service Contracts, Tire & Wheel Protection and Total Loss GAP Protection across more than 5,000 outlets in North America. We have earned a stellar reputation from our customers, peers and partners by providing: 1) the highest-quality products in the industry, 2) exceptional product development capabilities and 3) unparalleled customer service.
Safe-Guard has become a leading provider of specialized insurance products in the automotive aftermarket industry by incorporating extensive industry knowledge and a client-first approach, while also offering a wide array of products for the RV, marine and motorcycle/power sport segments. With a complete product portfolio and sensible technology solutions, top OEMs, dealers and agencies choose Safe-Guard more than any other provider in the industry. Our mission is to provide solutions to the motor vehicle industry that drive customer retention and protect consumers from unforeseen costs of ownership.
Safe-Guard Products International needs a Director of Internal Audit to develop, implement, and conduct effective Internal Audit programs that support financial, operational, process improvement and risk management activities. The ability to conceptualize, build out and then effectively manage the Internal Audit Plan/Function is a key consideration for selection.
As part of your responsibilities, you will:
Requirements for this position include:
- Recommend and develop internal controls, process improvements and efficiencies that will mitigate risks, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and improve organizational performance, using applied knowledge of the insurance/warranty industries and the regulatory environment impacts.
- Maintain and keep current a thorough and documented organization-wide Internal Audit Plan including audit plan creation, testing, review processes, and fraud identification procedures.
- Update the Internal Audit Plan on an annual or as needed basis to ensure its on-going effectiveness.
- Anticipate and proactively adjust to the needs of the organization, especially in regards to growth and the acquisition of new business.
- Develop specific internal audit plans of functional areas in accordance with the organization-wide Internal Audit Plan.
- Perform, or manage staff in performing full-scope audits of internal controls, processes, systems, financial statements, journals, and reports in accordance with internal auditing standards.
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls and processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and retain top talent within the auditing function.
- Function as main point of contact with external auditors and collaborate/consult with Finance Department on the procedures and preparation of materials necessary for external audits to support satisfactory audit processes and results.
- Work with and educate management personnel to ensure their understanding of the objectives, risks and control activities performed in their functional areas and the implementation of control processes to mitigate risks in their functional area.
- Train employees in operational areas to conduct follow-up audit work and follow audit scope, testing regimes, data gathering and fact testing activities.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of concise documentation and audit reports, including recommendations to senior management for improvements with corrective action plans, if required.
- Follow up on recommendations to monitor their timely implementation. Evaluate documentation of internal controls and lead development of new documentation to address any deficiencies.
- Identify risks and testing controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations and system data integrity.
- Recommend procedural, process or system changes as a result of the audits performed or identified risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business/Management; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) years internal auditing experience with an insurance company, warranty underwriter or third party administrator, including experience managing an internal audit function.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment impacting our industry.
- Thorough understanding of business operations as well as financial, technical and operational controls and their impact on financial reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts.
- Effective interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills, with the ability to engender the trust and confidence of individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and database management tools. Extensive knowledge of financial systems required.
- Strong data extraction and analytical skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of current GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to interact with all levels of corporate personnel to complete thorough audits.
- Strong leadership skills as well as demonstrated ability to function productively and constructively as part of a team.
- Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.