Join the nation’s premier human relations/civil rights organization.
We have a mission to fight anti-Semitism and hate,
and to secure justice and fair treatment for all.
ADL is looking for talented, passionate people who want
to make a difference today…and tomorrow!
Director of Major Gifts
Based in Boston and serving Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, develop strategies and implement activities to identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts from existing and potential donors.
- Identify and cultivate major gift and planned giving donors regionally and nationally, including participating in strategic planning with senior staff.
- Develop major gifts proposals by targeting donors based on potential for giving and substantive interests.
- Assist regional lay leadership in identifying prospects for solicitation and cultivating relationships with them.
- Select and help to develop written materials on the agency and its mission for prospective donors.
- Work closely with key lay leaders to identify and solicit major donors. Develop effective strategies for one-on-one solicitations and Planned Gifts.
- Cultivate relationships with major donors by making regular contact, organizing individual and group meetings and coordinating special events and donor recognition events.
- Assist with grant writing and grant fund research toward soliciting major gifts from family foundations and corporations.
- Assist as part of a team of regional development and programmatic staff on regional Development events and Regional Operations events.
- Supervise support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Graduate degree in business, social work or public administration preferred.
- 5 years of progressively responsible program management and fundraising experience.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy including word processing, database management and presentation programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work additional hours to attend meetings, fundraising and programmatic events.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com , Subject: Director of Major Gifts.
ADL offers a very generous benefits/vacation package. EOE.
Learn more about ADL at www.adl.org .
- 13 months ago - save job