INTERNAL SEARCH ONLY
University of Illinois at Chicago
Director of Medicaid Finance Administration
Medicaid Support Services
Job Location: Springfield, IL
UIC Medicaid Support Services seeks a Director of Medicaid Finance Administration.
This position will direct all fiscal matters for the UIC Division of Medicaid Support Services (MEDSS). This includes coordinating the fiscal administrative needs of the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (DHFS) with the UIC MEDSS Program. This position acts as a central resource for advising MEDSS and other University of Illinois staff regarding the federal requirements applicable to the Medicaid finance administrative costs under Title XIX and XXI of the Social Security Act. This position reports to Chief Executive Director, Division of Medicaid Support Services and may supervise any of the following: Project Directors and Support Staff.
1. Define and administer all aspects of the Medicaid finance administrative process for MEDSS including developing documentation and reporting standards and procedures necessary to effectively identify and allocate finance costs attributable to the Medicaid program.
2. Work closely with the DHFS Director and the Medicaid Administrator to identify DHFS administrative needs and coordinate those needs with UIC MEDSS Program.
3. Develop and implement on-site training and support for all MEDSS project cost centers to ensure compliance with federal and or state requirements.
4. Act as a central resource to the UIC MEDSS program and other University programs regarding the feasibility of Medicaid administrative reimbursement.
5. Develop strategies and identify opportunities to maximize Medicaid administrative reimbursement.
6. Prepare and submit the UIC MEDSS quarterly administrative reports.
7. In coordination with DHFS and on behalf of the UIC MEDSS program, respond to inquiries from the Federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, or other federal agencies regarding the UIC MEDSS program.
8. Develop reports regarding the accomplishments of the UIC MEDSS program.
9. Plan assign and review work of staff to ensure that group objectives are met. Hire, train, develop and manage staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objective.
10. Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Candidates must possess a Master’s Degree in business administration, political science, public administration, or a related field. Candidates must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of experience in administering a major state-wide, multi-billion dollar federal Medicaid program, a minimum of 10 years of experience with the Federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in the state level administration of Title XIX and XXI of the Social Security Act, including responsibilities for assuring compliance with all Medicaid federal policies and guidelines, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in directing and managing staff with at least 3 years at an executive level.
Applicants must be Illinois residents and have the ability to travel statewide. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with education, knowledge, and experience. UIC offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees including 5 weeks vacation.
This is a full-time 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must submit application by 8/28/13. All support documentation must be uploaded with online application at https://uic.jobs.edu . For additional information, contact:
Division of Specialized Care for Children
3135 Old Jacksonville RD
Springfield, IL 62704-6488
Back to Job Board
University of Illinois at Chicago - 30+ days ago