Position Title: Director, Performance
Core Performance is revolutionizing corporate wellness, delivering measurable results for leading global corporations through solutions that offer unmatched levels of personalization, engagement, and integration. Core Performance was developed by Athletes’ Performance, the foremost source of innovation and results in elite athlete training, and is rooted in the most advanced research and science in the industry.
Our integrated approach to mindset, movement, nutrition, and recovery allow employees of all walks of life to realize their previously impossible wellness goals.
Core Performance programs are delivered through leading-edge fitness centers (Core Performance Centers), on-site activation teams, and comprehensive digital solutions using our proprietary CPCentral software platform. Each of our offerings is powered by our industry-leading, patented IP and IT infrastructure, including our groundbreaking prescription engine software. Our products integrate seamlessly to effectively reach employees regardless of their work environment or fitness level. Innovative, results-driven platforms are designed to impact an entire organization, from warehouse employees working long night shifts to executives logging countless hours and miles on the road.
Given the applied research and development pedigree of Athletes’ Performance, corporate wellness team members have the unique opportunity to leverage the heritage, expertise, and results of the global leader in performance training, nutrition, and physical therapy. From its four elite facilities in Arizona, Southern California, Florida and Texas, Athletes’ Performance trains the top Champions in Sport, including 14 2012 NFL first round picks, 87 MLB players this year alone, and 3 of the final 16 teams in the 2010 World Cup, as well as elite military operators and leading teams globally.
Athletes’ Performance Inc. (API), the parent company of both Athletes’ Performance and Core Performance, is in a rapid growth stage with revenue doubling over the last two years and the company exceeding 200 employees. Core Performance programming is rolled out at leading corporations including Intel, Walgreens, Sheraton and State Street and is scaling quickly and successfully. In 2011, API was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sport.
Athletes’ Performance Inc. is backed by Polaris Ventures, Walgreens Corporation, and ABS Capital. In the past two years alone, AP received $22.5M in funding from ABS and established a groundbreaking investment and partnership with Walgreens Take Care Health Systems.
Along with our world-class investors, AP is proud to have a team of leading partners committed to supporting human performance, including adidas, SKLZ, EAS, Sheraton, Keiser, Intel, Tignum, Axon Potential, and Zeo.
For additional information on Core Performance, please visit www.coreperformancewellness.com . To apply for jobs with the CP team, please visit careers.coreperformance.com
The Director, Performance is a key leadership position for the Core Performance business – responsible for driving performance excellence across our growing network of Core Performance Centers across the globe. This position is responsible for driving new products, process and methodologies through the field staff and, in turn, relaying key learnings and best practices from the field back to the Operations and Product Innovation teams at Core Performance headquarters. Working in a matrixed environment, this individual must be comfortable in leading teams of highly skilled professionals in improving the quality of service delivery across the Core Performance business.
- Manage the development of the Performance Coaches
- Assist Core Performance VP Operations in implementing business plans to drive business and engagement
- Ensure consistent implementation of Core Performance methodology by ensuring coaches are educated, informed and constantly challenged to improve their understanding of the Core Performance principles
- Perform on-site visits to ensure cross-site knowledge sharing and best practice implementation
- Conduct meetings with Performance Coaching staff to ensure world class service of members are being met
- Supervise intern program leaders and interns to ensure optimal learning experience; Collaborate and deliver educational training to Performance Coaches through CP Education
- Collaborate with technology experts to integrate performance solutions with software and hardware systems for Core Performance Centers
- Coordinate product and service delivery with multidiscipline staff of specialists
- Determine operational flow and requirements for sustainable business model
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology/Physical Education, Sport Sciences, or related field
- At least 7+ years in a supervisory or management role in a health/wellness and/or performance fitness environment
- Previous experience preparing training programs
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills
- Currently hold industry certification, preferably NSCA-CSCS or NASM
- ATC preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Located in Phoenix, AZ
Athletes' Performance/Core Performance conducts post-offer Background Check
Athletes’ Performance - 22 months ago