We are looking for a leader to develop and manage a portfolio of projects aimed at improving our video recommendation algorithms through A/B testing. The role is central to our effort of creating the best video recommendation engine that will help tens of millions of people across the world find something great to watch on a wide variety of devices.
The ideal candidate will have a rare blend of management, technical, creative, and business skills, including most of the following:
- A passionate interest in connecting tens of millions of people to the perfect movies and TV shows.
- Mathematical creativity, curiosity and PhD-level depth, particularly in areas like statistics/probability, machine learning and optimization.
- A demonstrated ability to identify relevant problem areas and define a strategy around each dissected into well-defined and prioritized projects.
- History of proposing, defining and driving ambitious cross-disciplinary projects with a strong applied mathematics component from start to end.
- Great people skills, including ability to lead meetings of varying sizes and communicating successfully with people from varied backgrounds: from software engineers to scientists and executives.
- Experience pursuing research through design, execution and analysis of experiments a strong plus (ideally in the context of A/B testing, but a background in science is great too).
- Solid computer science and/or engineering systems background.
The Director of Product Innovation may come from a wide range of backgrounds: perhaps someone who has led algorithmic innovation for a successful software company, or a pragmatic academic with experience modeling and experimenting with complex systems and in computer science. Important for the role is the technical bent to work with world-class engineers, the statistical acumen to collaborate with top-notch data scientists and the business sense to drive product goals and strategies. Demonstrated ability to build successful consumer facing applications and algorithms, and a strong feel for movie/TV content are pluses.
The opportunity for huge wins awaits… to date, Netflix has amassed billions of play events and movie ratings and tens of millions of categorical preferences to fuel personalized movie and TV suggestions. This presents endless algorithmic possibilities to delight people with high-quality video recommendations.
A couple of things worth knowing:
- You won’t have any direct reports. Instead you will have the freedom to focus on the “big picture” while orchestrating the work of impressive teams.
-Our culture is a bit unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix at www.netflix.com/Jobs .
Netflix - 2 years ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...