POSITION: Director of Quality Control – Industrial
REPORTS TO: VP/General Manager
LOCATION: Bossier City, LA 71111
A leading manufacturer of steel reinforced concrete
equipment shelters used in the electrical transmission
industry has an immediate opening for a Director of
Quality Control at its manufacturing facility in Bossier
City, LA (near Shreveport). Reporting to the VP/General
Manager of this facility, the Director of Quality
Control is responsible for directing the Quality
Department in achieving operational excellence and
continuous quality improvement objectives through
assuring consistent quality of production by maintaining
and enforcing quality manufacturing controls; validating
processes; providing documentation; and managing staff.
The Director of Quality Control has these general
· Develop and maintain systems to establish standards
related to Quality Control activities and products, and
measure performance against established standards.
· Plan and direct activities concerned with development,
application and maintenance of quality standards for
industrial processes, materials, and products.
· Analyze and write test procedures; maintain
documentation of results; and ensure that the QC
Manager/Department consults with Department Heads and
other personnel in resolution of problems.
· Direct employees engaged in measuring and testing
product and tabulating data concerning materials,
product or process quality and reliability.
· Assure the tests are performed in accordance with the
Company's and Customer's standards and specifications.
· Effectively communicate and resolve issues arising out
of the production processes, as related to quality,
across all levels of the organization.
· Maintain all project related inspection documentation,
monitor adherence to standards, and actively check for
accuracy of data received or generated before passing it
· Report changes in standards (both internally and
externally initiated) and performance against standards.
· Ensure that the Quality Manual is properly written and
· Act as Management Representative for AISC
· Ensure and perform internal audits as required by the
· Ensure the manager properly hires, trains, develops,
and appraises staff effectively. Take corrective action
as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with
the Company's policies.
· Oversee the training material is correct and in
· Ensure that the Company and employees maintain
· Promote and act upon employees' ideas for improvements
in areas of quality, safety and work environment.
· Coordinate special quality projects/studies as
· Bachelor's degree in manufacturing processes or
related field, or American Society for Quality (ASQ)
certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE).
· Must meet the requirements of ASNT SNT-TC-1A for Level
II Certification in the ultrasonic and magnetic particle
inspection methods, and be familiar with non-destructive
· Must be certified, or previously certified, as an AWS
Certified Weld Inspector (CWI).
· Minimum of 5 years of successful quality management in
industrial steel fabrication or similar manufacturing
· Must have knowledge of the American Welding Society
AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code – Steel.
· Must possess exceptional leadership, communication,
written and verbal presentation, and team-building
skills. At least 5 to 8 years of people management
experience including strong competencies in talent
identification and development, coaching and mentoring
· Must be familiar with a wide range of equipment and
tools used in steel manufacturing, and have the ability
to read and understand drawings, work orders, safety
rules, and various manuals.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as
Word, Excel, and Outlook, along with ERP/MRP
Salary of $130,000 or higher depending on qualifications
and experience, plus a performance bonus potential up to
20 percent. Relocation allowance offered, as