We have been retained by our client to recruit their Director of R&D . Our client is a medical device company located in the Twin Cities . This position is responsible for directing and implementing research and development policies , objectives and initiatives. This is a highly visible leader that will report directly to the Vice President of R&D and participate in departmental initiative for quality, process and staff improvement. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years medical device R&D experience together with strong project management skills and proven leadership abilities. This position is located in Texas.
- Manages a team of engineers and drives results through strong leadership skills.
- Responsible for delivering R&D productivity objectives/goals.
- Leads and directs the work of design engineers to ensure that development projects are completed on time and within budget, while remaining compliant with the product specifications.
- Sources and directs the work of outside consultants when necessary to perform the above tasks.
- Ensures that department staff follow standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that SOP's are current and in compliance with appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Develops and oversees training programs of departmental staff.
- Integrates and utilizes best design practices and technology in the industry are followed.
- Communicates company goals and direction to staff and reports staff project progress to executive management.
- Manages and directs the research development strategy.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- B A or BS Degree in a Science or Engineering field.
- 5+ years related medical device R&D experience and/or training of which includes two years’ experience in a Project Leadership capacity.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures related to Gastroenterology
- Demonstrated ability to take product concepts through the development cycle to commercialization
- Demonstrated skill to analyze product concepts and accurately forecast market acceptance (with the help of Sales & Marketing), design and manufacturing challenges and to forecast costs associated with this process
- Ability to compare and contrast opportunities and detail how the opportunities fit with the current infrastructure of the company
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues