General Statement of Duties:|
In cooperation with the Vice President of Operations, the Radiology Director is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the administrative activities of the department. Cooperates with Administration and other hospital departments to provide timely data to Administration. Manages the department in accordance with the financial and operational philosophies of the Methodist Healthcare System; insures compliance with JCAHO, Medicare/Medicaid, OSHA, ACR and Texas Department of Radiation Control standards. Oversees technical and fiscal management of the Department of Radiology. Assumes responsibility for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of departmental equipment. Monitors Radiology Department’s CQI plan that is in concert with the hospital plan.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for staffing of the Radiology Department. Manages personnel to include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. Is responsible for employee’s output and conduct.
2. Works collaboratively with staff to maintain current departmental Texas State Licensures as required. Assures that the department meets regulatory requirements defined by JCAHO, Medicare Conditions of Participation, American College of Radiology requirements, OSHA, and Methodist Healthcare System safety policies and rules.
3. Works collaboratively with the radiologists to discuss service quality, coordinate activities and provide appropriate patient care.
4. Develops departmental operating and capital budgets. Insures that budgeted goals are achieved in accordance with the MHS Financial Performance Plan.
5. Appraises hospital administration of innovation in techniques and equipment. Participates in the development of and/or develops long/short range plans regarding equipment and utilization.
6. Monitors department productivity to insure appropriate efficiency of departmental operations. Promotes the Continuing Quality Improvement (CQI) philosophy; Leads and facilitates department procedures and process improvements, assures that departmental CQI program is in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals policies and procedures.
Job Description Appendix A:
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions:
(X ) INSIDE: Spends approximately _40_ hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 10% increments of work time): Sitting
(X ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
( ) Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient specific to the department.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree is preferred; Masters Degree is an advantage. Five years of supervisory or management experience.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Graduate of Radiologic Technology, Ultrasonography, or Nuclear Medicine program preferred.
Supervised By- Vice President of Operations
Supervision Of- All Radiology Department Managers, Supervisors and Staff
Meditech, Radiology Information System, PC, Common Office Equipment, Radiologic Equipment
HCA Inc - 13 months ago
Find yourself on the losing end of a battle at the Alamo? Methodist Healthcare System of San Antonio can fix even the most serious of war...