The core functionality is to provide exceptional leadership and oversight of the revenue operations department for AOB (Assignment of Benefits) which encompasses all AOB appeals and is in-line with the strategic goals of excellence in service, quality, people, business and growth. Success will require being a leader of winning strategies in streamlining, client interaction, process improvement, team-building and supervision, and process optimization. This position will foster good communication and teamwork among various organizational departments, and provide executive level reporting regarding the performance and quality of the revenue operational cycle.
- Corporate Director of Revenue Operations is the owner of the AOB initiative:
- o Capture, validate, and process appeals in accordance with regulatory and payer requirements
o Stay up to date with regulatory and payer requirements as they are modified/updated
- o Develop processes and procedures in support of the AOB initiative
o Plan and staff according to work volume
- o Strategic vision to drive department to meet revenue projections
- o Manage department within budgetary restrictions
* To ensure that the right systems, processes, and people are in place to drive both performance and efficiencies, and minimize costs.
- Review and create metrics to improve turnaround time, quality, and inventory levels
- Recruiting, hiring, coaching, and developing staff
- Maximizing of workforce
- Successful contract negotiations with insurance companies
- Budget Planning
- Improvement of quality by researching best practices and identifying new/needed skills, processes, or methods
- Set clear expectations and hold employees accountable to those expectations
- Communicate with Leadership to stay abreast of any regulatory changes that may affect revenue operations.
- Troubleshoot and communicate to the appropriate stakeholders as it relates to operational issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with in-house, divisional-regional staff and off-shore partners as it relates to the processing of the AOB appeals.
- Coordinating Responsibilities with the following departments/positions:
- o IT
o Internal and External Medical Billing
o Divisional EDRC’s
o Divisional COO’s
o Medical Informatics
o Risk Management
o Governmental Relations
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field or equivalent work experience
Motivated self-starter, capable of planning, developing and maintaining multiple projects of differing scale and duration
Excellent communication skills – oral, written and presentation - and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
- The ability to establish credibility in the eyes of senior-level, maturity, and professionalism
- Consistently demonstrates a shared vision and strong alignment with the Senior Corporate Execs
- Of high moral and ethical character
- A strong and effective leader
- Highly Efficient and organized
- Highly refined and effective relationship management skills
- Consistently accountable, responsible, and available
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- 5 - 10 years of management experience, Healthcare experience a plus.
Schumacher Group - 2 years ago