Director of Sourcing - Workplace Safety
Director of Sourcing - Workplace Safety
The Global Director of Sourcing has worldwide responsibility for the development and implementation of world-class sourcing strategies which emphasizes growth, quality, delivery, compliance, cost, cash-flow and employee engagement. This individual will manage working capital and grow sales opportunities through supplier integration and New Product Introduction (NPI)/ New Product Development (NPD) Process. This position is tasked to work closely with ID Solutions Director of Sourcing, Brady Marketing personnel, and regional sourcing leaders globally to execute the company’s business strategies related to Purchased Finished Goods (PFG). This individual will be accountable for overall PFG performance inclusive of supplier quality and OTD, material productivity, working capital performance, and capitalizing on opportunities with LCR sources of supply. This position will represent department on insourcing/outsourcing teams and be expected to continually identify new sourced product opportunities stemming from ongoing supplier relations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering field, MBA and or CPM designation strongly desired
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in the following:
- Strategic sourcing
- Marketing or operations with emphasis on supplier relations
- Total cost/P&L management
- Continuous improvement
- International Low Cost Country (LCC) sourcing
- Commodity management
- Experience in an international operations environment with a matrixed management structure.
- Strong business acumen with understanding of profit/loss and Total Cost of ownership (TCO).
- Previous experience in negotiation and contract management required.Knowledge of product marketing/management desirable.
- Fundamental understanding of international business required with experience in importing and logistics preferred. Multi language skills a plus.
- Strong project management and communication skills. Capable of understanding technical drawings and specifications needed.
- Familiarity with strategy and goal deployment models, root cause analysis and countermeasure tools preferred
- Experience managing commodity Managers across multiple geographies.
- International travel as needed (up to 50% of time) to effectively work with suppliers and various Brady operations around the world.
- Recognize needs of internal (Operations, Marketing) during commodity development process. Actively engage marketing, R&D/Engineering, and sourcing resources, as well as external (supplier) resources as part of
cross-functional approach to sourcing PFG.
- Effectively identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership on year-over-year basis including reduction in working capital and process costs. Manage project deck that meets company inflation/deflation
objectives, while supporting new product metrics on ongoing basis.
- Maintain knowledge of supply-market, key competitors, technology shifts and geo-political influences. Derive sourcing strategies that maximize benefits while minimizing risk.
- Develop a “Best in Class” supply base for PFG while reducing supply base to optimal levels, restructure relationships into vale-added alliances.
- Ensure suppliers are in full compliance with all regulations and meeting Brady’s objectives in areas of product quality, cost and delivery.
- Maintain all warranty terms with suppliers, at minimum, meet terms Brady extends to customers for PFG. Assess supplier financial stability and financial-health while monitoring risk—take necessary actions to minimize
impact to Brady.
- Manage packaging and branding requirements related to sourced PFG. Monitor risk associated with intellectual property (e.g. product design, brand name) and import compliance requirements as needed.
- Maintain “total business” approach when managing supply base including supporting Brady’s new product development, operations (insourcing/outsouring), and M&A initiatives as needed. Integrate select
preferred suppliers to capture strategic advantages especially in the areas of emerging technologies, VA/VE, and new product opportunities.
- Draft, implement and manage comprehensive supplier agreements on global and regional basis. Ensure goals and objectives are met during term of agreements while adhering to all legal and ethical requirements. Capitalize
on exclusivity arrangements for strategic advantage.
- Maximize all opportunities to capitalize on low-cost regions of supply. Utilize Brady’s international procurement office and global operations during supplier and product qualification process.
- Report performance to management on ongoing basis including progress towards Brady’s policy deployment breakthrough objectives. Utilize countermeasure tools as required.
- Maximize information systems and technology to manage commodities and suppliers while improving sourcing processes.
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials. Founded in 1914, the company has millions of customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2012 employed approximately 6,900 people at operations in the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. Brady’s fiscal 2012 sales were approximately $1.32 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC.
Brady Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...