Schafer is seeking a Director of Strategic Business Development for Military Space to expand on Schafer’s current work in support of military space operations. This individual will be responsible for planning and direction of the marketing of products and services to support sales and revenue at military space organizations such as AFRL, NRO, DARPA and AFSPC. This position will be an integral driver in the continued growth of our company and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Business Development.
- Identification of select new customers in the military space arena.
- Analysis of customer requirements and suitability of Schafer to meet those requirements.
- Development of detailed capture plans for specific military space customers to include:
- Win themes, win strategies, and value propositions;
- Price to win (PTW) analysis and establishes the PTW target;
- Management of all aspects of qualifying, teaming, and positioning.
- Management of customer relationships to include implementation of solid customer call plans, and monitoring of contracting information through a variety of business development websites as well as continuous interaction with Contracting Department and operational personnel.
- Documentation of lessons learned during the capture process and providing these lessons learned to the proposal manager.
- BS/BA required
- MBA/MS desired, or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of military space organizations that are leaders in this area.
- 10 years of experience business development, capture management and proposal writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US government procurement practices to meet sales objectives.
- Demonstrates verbal ability in business discussions and gate reviews. Prepare cogent pre-qualification gate review documentation.
- Strong knowledge of Federal business acquisition process and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Proven ability to form and lead teams.
- Proven leadership, strong organization management skills, and ability to operate independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to track and monitor documents from inception to production.
- Demonstrated background of high win rate achievement.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to coordinate off-site subcontractors and proposal team.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the "storyboarding" process.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Schafer seeks to fill this position with an exceptionally talented and self-motivated individual. Salary will commensurate with experience. Schafer has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment.
Only those candidates invited to interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
Schafer Corporation is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Schafer Corporation is a scientific, engineering and operational support organization providing high-end technical solutions to mission...