DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of December 31, 2012, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 1,954 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 153,000 patients. The company also operated 36 outpatient dialysis centers located in five countries outside the United States. DaVita supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
General Purposes of Job
The Director of Strategy & Special Projects reports to a Group Vice President responsible for DaVita's operations in the Los Angeles area. The team plays a key role as thought partners, strategic leaders, and internal consultants. This position is responsible for driving strategic and operational initiatives within the group. Representative projects include development of the 3-year strategic plan for the group, identification of new market opportunities, and projects related to strategic business units.
- Play a key role in the development of operating group's 3-year strategy
- Develop metrics and track the progress of the group's strategy
- Develop "game-changing" insights that lead to differential growth
- Play point on all growth-related initiatives
- Lead quarterly strategy sessions with divisional leadership teams
- Act as a strategic thought partner with GVP and divisional teams to evaluate opportunities
- Drive the strategic process on internal consulting projects within the Group and other business units
- Responsible for developing the hypothesis and analysis framework
- Drive the work of multi-disciplinary teams
- Lead the presentation and recommendation of action steps
- Prepare executive-level presentations to share with leadership including COO, President, and CEO
- Responsible for synthesizing numerous sources of data and key analysis and translating into specific actions
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- MBA from a top-Tier Business School.
- 2 to 3+ years of strategy consulting experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- Relevant experience in healthcare is a plus but not required
- Strong project management skills
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking as well as a willingness to lead initiatives through implementation
- Excellent communication skills including ability to persuasively deliver presentations to senior executives
- Ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita - 16 months ago
At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference in the way...