Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 817079-97501
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
A successful Microsoft Director of Sourcing will have delivered:
1. Development and execution of MARKET LEADING SOURCING STRATEGY in the assigned category via full market knowledge, supplier rationalization, predictable and industry leading “commodity” pricing plan, TCO cost modeling through transparent supplier relationship, and 6-Sigma principles to drive efficiency and cost.
2. SECURED COMPONENTS AND/OR SERVICES in the assigned category that will provide competitive advantage in both technology and cost for Microsoft.
3. MOST AGGRESSIVE AND CLOSEST-TO-THE-PIN COSTING AND PROJECTIONS. Ability to standup to the most aggressive alternatives, doubts and scrutiny.
CHANGE MANAGEMENT to continuous improve efficiency and performances via repeatable processes, people growth, and elimination of work duplication.
- High ambition to grow with Microsoft and MSCIS.
- HIGH ENERGY/IMPACT individual and demonstrated ability to succeed in a high demand and ultra-high stress environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate through ambiguities/difficult obstacles through facts, evaluation of alternatives, open-mindedness, thought-through strategy, and superior communications to LEAD cross-functional organizations through sourcing activities.
- Ability to both QUANTIFY and QUALIFY situations.
- Relentless drive to OVERACHIEVE and NO-EXCUSES professional. Making the most of what is provided.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically but detailed oriented to support ideology with facts. Ability to articulate points of view with executive management but execute plans when directed. A team player who can roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
- Highly intelligent to triangulate opinions to formulate actions.
- Expertise in market analysis, SOURCING PLAN, to dissect market size, players, customers, growth, technology replacements/forecasts, pricing trends, etc. to formulate sourcing strategies.
- Expertise in Financial Statement Analysis to derive SHOULD-COST-MODELS and cost competitiveness/financial strengths of suppliers before RFx is conducted.
- Bottom’s up process costing utilizing Activity Based Costing and other methodologies to build should-cost models.
- Professional experiences in “owned” factory operations and COST ACCOUNTING. Make vs. Buy experiences a plus.
- Superior Project/Timeline (Consumer Electronics Integrated Project Management) adherence experiences.
- Expertise in Supply Chain Operation’s flexibility/capacity to articulate appropriate contractual T&Cs and costs.
- Contract and price negotiations excellence.
Deliver best in class TCO (Total-Cost-Ownership), COS (Continuity-Of-Supply), and BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS.
GLOBAL CATEGORY MANAGEMENT expertise, focused on mechanical components including (metal fabrication, commodity molded plastics, assembly ops, micro component welding/bonding, high precision molding, composite components, surface treatments, etc.).
- MBA or Equivalent Experience.
- Must be a BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL with strong ENGINEERING expertise.
- Quick learner of Microsoft systems and processes.
Microsoft - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...