POSITION: Director of Supply Chain
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
LOCATION: Alvarado, TX (Fort Worth metropolitan area)
A leading manufacturer of industrial steel products has
an immediate opening for a Director of Supply Chain at
its manufacturing facility located in Alvarado, TX (Fort
Worth metropolitan area). Reporting to the company’s
Vice President of Operations, the Director of Supply
Chain is responsible for planning and managing all
activities involved in procurement, receiving and
inventory management, production scheduling and control,
and shipping activities at this facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for Production Control to include
handling of materials from raw materials to finished
product in an organized, cost effective manner. This
is to include production scheduling.
- Drive value added programs and new technologies for
more efficient procurement activities, increase
efficient procurement activities and increase
efficiencies around programs like VMI (Vendor
Managed Inventory), consignment purchase programs.
- Look for opportunities to leverage our volumes, our
knowledge, and our relationships.
- Work with management team to conceive, create,
develop, implement and monitor comprehensive and
effective strategic plans to improve sourcing
initiatives and objectives.
- Logistic management activities to include
transportation strategy for inbound raw materials
and finished goods.
- Sourcing planning, including current inventory and
forecast demand, in collaboration with all suppliers
and company operational requirements.
- People Management to drive efficiencies
- Responsible for interacting with Customer Service to
ensure Customer Requirements/Dates are clearly
reflected in the purchase and conversion of steel
- Capability to drive into the ERP system to ensure
product flow and progress is clearly reflected in
the system outputs
- Ensuring inventory accuracy and proper audits are in
place to ensure when material is physically moved
there is a corresponding system transaction.
- Oversee strategic sourcing of raw materials and
services that align with goals and objectives.
- Review and approve purchases over a specified dollar
amount as well as non-routine purchases.
- Vendor management
- Properly hire, train and motivate staff and ensure
the highest levels of performance are met.
- Develop KPI’s (key performance indicators).
- Effectively communicate with all executive levels
and operational management to ensure that goals and
objectives are being met.
- ERP System knowledge and Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with
emphasis on supply chain management, or related
- Ten years of experience in purchasing and/or supply
chain, preferably within industrial manufacturing
- Experience in leading and supervising professionals,
both indirect and direct reports.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with computer
software to include, but not limited to: Microsoft
Outlook, Excel, Work and Power-Point.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills in
order to coordinate and execute multiple projects
simultaneously with the capacity to work
independently with the ability to perform work with
minimal direction and supervision.
Annual salary of $115,000 with performance bonus up to
20 percent. Full benefit package. Relocation assistance,