North Hills Hospital - North Richland Hills, TX
Responsible for providing quality patient care by planning, organizing, controlling, and coordinating surgical activities within the frame work of the existing policies, aims, and objectives of North Hills Hospital. The North Hills Hospital staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from newborn through adolescence. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency.
Coordinate/integrate department services with the hospital's primary function.
· Develop/implement policies/procedures that guide/support the provision of services.
· Coordinate all department services placing patient safety as the primary goal.
· Provide care/treatment/services within the theoretical framework of modeling and role-modeling
· Delegate tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
· Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
· Recommend a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to provide department services in support of provision of services.
· Determine the qualifications/competence of personnel.
· Continuously assess/improve department
· Maintain/implement quality control programs.
· Provide for the orientation, in-service training and continuing education and development of staff.
· Recommend space and other resources needed in the provision of services.
· Identify and select outside sources for needed services.
· Promote involvement of self and staff in health promotion/educational community involvement, life time learning and nursing research.
· Participate in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
· Actively participate in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
Masters Degree in Nursing is strongly preferred, Bachelor of Science in Nursing in REQUIRED.
RN, National specialty certification preferred
5-7 years of nursing experience in perioperative services. must be able to scrub cases. Cardio vasuclar and open heart experience is strongly preferred
Must be currently or recently in a director level or management role in surgical services, 3 years of director level experience is REQUIRED.
Experience managing the OR, PACU, Endoscopy, Sterile Processing, Anesthesia (techs), Outpatient
Special Skills & Qualifications:
Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
North Hills Hospital is an award-winning hospital located right here in the heart of northeast Tarrant county, situated near the corner of...