The Director of Technical Field Operations reports to SVP of Production Planning & Operations and is responsible for managing all of the technical requirements for the Pac-12 Networks’ 750-850 remote television productions while ensuring the highest quality possible within the fiscal limitations of each event’s production budget. The position is based in the Pac-12 Network Studio/Offices located in San Francisco.
- In coordination with the Production Managers and the Engineering department, responsible for managing and supervising the remote television broadcast needs for Pac-12's 750-850 remote productions
- In close coordination with the Engineering department, planning and overseeing the execution of all technical requirements for the broadcasting and transmission facilities for every Pac-12 Network remote production while ensuring that the highest quality production standards are met in the most efficient (cost) manner possible
- Supervising staff technical manager, coordinating mobile unit deployment with the Facilities and Technical Scheduler, working closely with all Production Managers on venue surveys, operations, logistics and acting as the technical liaison between Pac-12 Networks and University venue operations groups
- Coordinates very closely with the Engineering department at the Pac-12 networks on the deployment and operation of Pac-12 fly-pack systems, multi-cam units, and MIO’s to and from remotes while coordinating integration coverage feeds to Pac-12 network control studios
- Coordinate Fiber and Satellite transmission feeds for live broadcasts
- Works closely with and integrates all remote broadcast technical operations with the Pac-12 Engineering department on a daily, basis.
- Works closely with the SR VP of Engineering on capital expense planning needs for remote productions
- Ensuring that every University remote venue is Pac-12 Networks TV ready at all times
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in remote television event technical operations, preferably sports broadcasting event operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experiences
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of current technical equipment and technology involved in the production of live sports events for a 24/7 Sports Network (transmission facilities, remote production units, audio, video, graphics, Satellite, Fiber and IP2 transmission, etc.)
- Extensive experience in television coverage for events including Basketball, Football, Soccer, Field Hockey, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Water Polo, Swimming, Diving, Golf, Rowing, Volleyball, Softball, and many other Olympic type competitions.
- Several years of experience in managing remote engineering staff members, scheduling, supervising, technical problem solving within budgetary guidelines.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written communication skills
- Sports event production budget managing experience preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
- Ability to manage effectively numerous projects simultaneously while under very tight deadlines
- Must be able to work weekends during certain times of the year
- Moderate travel requirements due to remote venue locations
- Passionate about Pac-12 Sports