Company is a well funded, Top Tier VC backed, PROFITABLE, CASH FLOW POSITIVE consumer facing web company with 32 million unique users a month. Work with over 25,000 partner sites, including Bloomberg Businessweek, Mashable and The Washington Post. The Sunnyvale, California-based company has twice been named a “Top Workplace” by The Bay Area News Group
We are seeking a Director of UI Design to ensure that we are delivering impactful visual appeal, engaging interactions, and delightful interfaces that provide the highest quality user experience for our users.
Your design sense is: simple, elegant, clean, and powerful...and simple. Your favorite sites look like nothing, and do everything! Your hands are dirty with design. Your ideas are transformative and evolutionary. You have as much fun working with a brand as you do building a brand. You are a perfect pixel in an imperfect world!
In this role, you will be called upon to be a usability guru, and an industry thought leader. We are seeking an expert designer who is passionate about creating compelling products and interfaces (across multiple device platforms) that are both fun and easy to use. You will apply your expertise in visual appeal, brand management, user-centered design, usability, and stylistic impact to delight and engage our users as they navigate the next generation of our products and services. You will be hands on, with the ability to grow and mentor a design team.
- Build, lead, and manage UI/UX function and team
- Design compelling and useful interfaces for our 32 million monthly users
- Develop and drive a pragmatic user-centered design philosophy/approach within Product and the company overall
- Infuse our culture with fresh ideas and perspectives, drawing on the best influences that can be found 'in the wild'
- Foster a deep and rewarding collaboration with Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and others to produce work we are proud of
- Incorporate the necessary tools and best practices for a healthy UX function, including interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, wireframes, etc.
- Develop and communicate UI and UX look-and-feel guidelines and templates which embody our UX philosophy, learnings, and goals
- Provide rich material for understanding our users through ongoing user research and testing
- Translate usability and user research findings into actionable and measurable design improvements
***Please provide a link to your portfolio with application!***
- 10+ years’ experience in interface, visual and UX design
- A portfolio of innovative, practical, and inspiring work
- Experience leading design teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects in a busy production environment
- Background in UX best practices and methods, including wireframes, flows, interaction models, user research and testing, etc.
- Deep hands-on experience developing successful web interfaces and compelling user experiences on both PC and mobile
- A strong and practical point of view on interaction design and UX
- Understanding of information-based and conversion-based UIs
- Vertical search engine experience a plus
- Consumer Facing B2C Design experience A MUST
- Experience hiring and managing a team
- Conversion Funnel experience a plus
Talent Merchants - 10 months ago