The Director ¿ Account Management is responsible for providing leadership to a team of account management professionals in support of the Pharma & Biotech client base. In addition to being responsible for ensuring effective core service delivery, this position is responsible for managing contract efforts to renew and grow business with key clients. This position is accountable to ensure client-specific service/operational deliverables, ensuring operational excellence and quality for assigned clients is achieved. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring account service teams proactively deliver and communicate the effectiveness of core services, monitor trends, coordinate timely issue resolution and drive service excellence. The primary measure of the Director ¿ Pharma & Biotech Account Management performance is by way of client satisfaction and client retention results.
1. Coach, mentor and support the development of account management professionals (Sr. Account Managers, Account Managers and Associate Account Managers) in alignment with The Express Way.
2. Create strategic plans and execute accordingly to retain and grow business. Manage contracting initiatives for key clients.
3. Drive service excellence on behalf of their assigned client base and larger division; proactively support, supervise and oversee account managers to ensure action plans, service recovery and day-to-day core service deliverable are met. Serve as a point of escalation for the Account Manager and Strategy Director on issues of service breakdown or operational concern; act as a liaison to the Directors, Sr. Directors and Vice Presidents of operational areas to ensure efficient, effective resolution; provide proactive consultation related to service opportunities.
4. Translate broad theories and strategies into clear, actionable objectives; champion cross-functional initiatives; communicate progress and key milestones to appropriate internal partners.
5. Coordinate regularly with Strategy Director, Sr. Directors and as needed VPs to ensure holistic account management coordination both at a Pharma & Biotech client and global level.
6. Actively engage and support Express Scripts sales opportunities and provide oversight and support to new client implementations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
- 10-15 years relevant experience or Master's degree with 8-12 years relevant experience; includes 5-7 years relevant management/leadership experience
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience; Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Consistency in demonstrating The Express Way values and Leaders Lead values
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, teams and acting in a mentor capacity
- Knowledge of the healthcare and PBM industry required
- Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and retention results
- Demonstrated ability managing projects, utilizing proven project management processes
- Ability to directly manage various teams and individuals to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and lead teams through changes positively
- Demonstrated ability to work with other departments to collaborate, facilitate, and resolve issues and be able to develop customized solutions to meet business requirements
- Ability to prioritize work for self and others and make independent decisions
- Ability to project resources needed, organize and distribute workload, complete work, manage team and timelines to meet deadlines, and document progress on projects as required
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during times of peak volume
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.