Directs and oversees the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision-making capabilities. Will act as liaison between information services and technology department, ensuring that systems are accessible and in accordance with the needs of the organization. Ensures that all record keeping and information disbursement complies with HIPAA regulations.
Promote and exemplify the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
- The creation and presentation of a comprehensive BI strategy to meet both the short- and long-term needs of the enterprise and customer reporting/information services. This is to include the evaluation and selection of a progressive BI tool suite/platform designed to drive business efficiency and impact the bottom line.
- The development, documentation, and roll-out of process standards, change control, and reporting function designed to stabilize existing business reporting use.
- Team evaluation, resource planning, and vendor management.
- Consult, Design, Build and Deploy Business Intelligence applications and products such as online reporting tools, reports, dashboards, scorecards and key performance indicator(s) (KPI) trackers.
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Oversee the on-going development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision-making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Understand and evaluate current industry trends and technologies.
- Recruits and maintains a highly qualified and motivated staff. Responsible for all staff mentoring, training and development as well as periodic and annual reviews.
- Manages application portfolio including budgets, resources and release schedules
- Partners with Project and Program Managers to ensure that all projects meet time and budget constraints while ensuring that specifications are met and high quality products are delivered.
- All work will be performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices.
Personal Skills, Aptitudes & Qualities:
The position requires a mature individual who is conscientious, detail-oriented, and highly organized with the ability to schedule and complete a significant amount of work within time requirements; is able to work independently with minimal direction or as part of a team to accomplish his/her tasks; and possesses high leadership skill. The incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to make group presentations and prepare communications materials. Expressing opinions or information in a clear, concise and friendly manner on a level understandable to the audience to which it is intended is critical. The incumbent must be willing to travel and to work long and/or irregular work hours as necessary. The SmartHealth organization is a new, independent division within Ascension Health Alliance. As such, the ideal candidate will be someone that desires to work within a fast-paced environment, can assist in multiple roles and is comfortable with some ambiguity as the organization grows and matures.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Experience managing a BI or analytics capacity for large/complex organizations
- Expertise in BI & MIS technology/tools (Business Objects, MS, etc.) and best practices
- Health plan experience strongly preferred
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Strong background in developing strategic partnerships with C-Level business leaders, end users, reports, and customer base to identify needs/opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Established project management experience
- Exceptional process and procedural development, documentation, and implementation experience
- Proven experience in designing and implementing robust BI strategies
- Must possess strong leadership skills in the areas of motivation, coaching, personal development and change
Ascension Health - 18 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...