Position Summary: Responsible for all production and packaging activity and results for three shift, seven day operation, of 100,000 square foot facility with approximately 500 full time non-union employees, producing $75million in gross sales, with approximately $37.5 million in direct costs. Leads, directs and manages all operational activities including production scheduling, raw materials and packaging supplies logistics, pre-scaling, mixing, depositing, baking, decorating, and packaging. Uses excellent leadership, analytical, management, and technical skills, abilities and behaviors to generate great performance in key areas of people, safety, quality, service, and cost consistent with measurable objectives and the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains positive employee relations through respectful, open and effective two-way communication at the individual and team levels.
- Partners with human resources and training departments to develop, implement and maintain effective training and development programs that support key performance goals for the Company, as well as provide a satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
- Maintains a fair and professional work environment that focuses the business objectives, but also balances quality of work-life factors for employees.
- Works with Human Resources department to ensure that all human resources activities are carried out in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
- Obtains excellent people results, as measured by turnover rate, climate survey results, attendance, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Develops, implements, and sustains new methods, procedures, and systems to drive improvements in people performance.
- Oversees master production planning and daily production scheduling to optimize service and efficiency performance.
- Works with other department managers and Sr. VP – Operations to balance crewing, materials equipment, and line time to optimize capacity utilization.
- Supervises the development and execution of synchronized and detailed crewing, equipment set-up, and materials preparation plans that result in excellent schedule attainment performance.
- Obtains excellent service results, as measured by schedule attainment and inventory position variance, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Develops, implements, and sustains new methods, procedures, and systems to drive improvements in service performance.
- Develops and manages to standard crewing levels and balanced schedules for each position within each department, ensuring that overtime is managed to minimal levels within budgeted parameters.
- Ensures that time keeping is executed in strict compliance with all applicable laws and Company policies and procedures.
- Uses performance feedback information based on standard line speeds and productivity rates to optimize plant productivity and labor efficiency.
- Monitors and controls planned and unplanned non-productive line time to optimize cost performance.
- Works with Plant Engineer and Maintenance Manager to ensure effective preventive and emergency maintenance effort through disciplined execution of detailed spare parts, work order, and machine history system.
- Manages material and supplies usage to ensure minimal waste, and maximum yield while maintaining strict adherence to formulations, specifications, and product and process quality standards.
- Manages work-in-process inventories of intermediate materials to meet production schedules and minimize waste.
- Oversees materials management, working with the purchasing department to ensure proper rotation and optimum inventory levels for all materials and supplies.
- Monitors and controls spending to optimize business results and conform to approved budgets.
- Obtains excellent cost results, as measured by labor productivity and efficiency, overtime, material usage efficiency, yield, waste, downtime, budget variance analysis, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Develops, implements, and sustains new methods, procedures, and systems to drive improvements in cost performance.
- Oversees, directs, and manages all manufacturing activity to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all product and process quality parameters and standards including formulations, specifications, approved methods, procedures, practices and systems.
- Ensures all operations activity is conducted with disciplined adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintains 900 “SUPERIOR” score or better for AIB sanitation standards.
- Works with the Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety and other team members to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all regulatory and Company defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems, procedures, and practices to guarantee absolute wholesomeness of our product.
- Obtains excellent quality results, as measured by customer complaint frequency, product evaluation scores, internal and external facility and operational audit scores, quality systems compliance, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Develops, implements, and sustains new methods, procedures, and systems to drive improvements in quality performance.
- Manages operation to comply with all applicable safety laws and regulation, as well as Company safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Oversees and leads plant safety effort including co-chairing the Safety Steering Committee, participating in safety inspections, safety training, leading safety work group meetings, and developing and executing safety awareness initiatives.
- Obtains excellent safety results, as measured by recordable injury frequency, number of accidents and lost time accidents, workers compensation experience, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Develops, implements, and sustains new methods, procedures, and systems to drive improvements in safety performance.
- Facilitates and/or participates in all appropriate meetings, and executes appropriate communication to managers, supervisors and line employees.
- Ensures that all reporting systems and procedures are executed and effective.
- Participates in business plan development and budgeting processes, and manages to these budgeted levels.
For additional information about our company, please visit www.thecheesecakefactory.com . To apply for this position, please go to www.cakecareers.com .
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering or MBA
- Minimum of 15 years experience in food manufacturing management, preferably in the bakery/dessert industry, with demonstrated success at the Plant Manager or Director of Manufacturing/Operations level
- Experienced with food safety, food process equipment and regulations.
- Experienced with emergency preparedness and emergency response plans and procedures.
- Familiar with regulatory and safety codes including USDA, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in lean manufacturing, kaizan, kitting and six sigma techniques.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English a plus.
- Prior experience having direct responsibility for a large scale P&L.
- Strong and effective strategic management skills are required, including long range planning, organizing, communicating, influencing, gathering and using information, and motivating a team to achieve results.
- Ability to use, and to teach others how to use various analytical tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated mentoring skills.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.
The Cheesecake Factory - 2 years ago
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory mark in...