Position Title |
Director, Business Development - Food Service
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions . Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere.
We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a member of MWV’s Food Service Strategic Business Unit (SBU), the Director will be responsible for developing key relationships with brands in the Food Service segment (aka Dunkin Donuts, Yum! Brands, Panera , etc) and their primary food manufacturers and product providers (aka Tyson, McCormick, Heinz, Green Core, Eby Brown, LSG, etc.) from first contact through sales. Deep knowledge and current contacts with contract food service providers in the non-traditional Food Service Sector (aka Aramark, HMS Host, Sodexo, etc) for segments including College and Universities, Business and Industry, Parks and Recreation and transportation locations is desirable. Additionally, this position will have responsibility for interfacing with our Retail Food Business Unit to develop and manage relationships in the Grocery brand category (aka Publix, Whole Foods, Kroger, etc) for Food Service offerings like on site prepared take away products and pre-prepared, chilled ready to eat offerings. The individual will be required to generate new and maintain existing revenue from sales to these brands / food service product providers. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Work strategically with the Food Service SBU leadership and Marketing group in the identification of the opportunities, commercial strategies, and value proposition for new food service packaging solutions.
- Lead and define the strategic direction of an account. Develop and maintain a comprehensive, customer level business plan. Ensure full alignment across customer and One MWV. Fully accountable for representing all of MWV’s capabilities for the account and overall business results by account.
- Lead the account team (direct and indirect), utilizing the agreed MWV account team structure to ensure the deployment of the team against account strategy and plan along with effective talent acquisition, development, coaching and performance management.
- Embrace and model the Challenger Selling approach with key customers, teaching as the packaging expert, tailoring solutions and taking control.
- Individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining understanding of the current and prospective customers’ business while assessing the needs and capabilities of these end user organizations to develop Total Account Management plans.
- Utilize the Project management system to coordinate projects and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of highly successful sales experience developing new business, including experience selling value added products and service in the food service industry, MBA preferred.
- Be an experienced commercial manager with strong strategic thinking, influencing and consulting skills within food service industry.
- Strong negotiator who can identify the emotional and rational needs of the customers and can clearly articulate these to the organization.
- Have a proven financial and business acumen and be experienced in value co-creation and negotiation of development contracts.
- Excellent communication skills, strong ability to synthesize information and succinctly articulate solution based responses.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams within a matrix organization
- Possess knowledge of and able to quickly learn about MWV’s full suite of products, services and capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong global perspective, cross cultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Ability to work remotely / from home city
- Required to travel 50% +
- This position will be home based near a major international airport.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 21 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...