141799 - Wilton, CT
- Recruit, secure and retain a profitable client base for AMG.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to AMG clients.
- Coordinate strategic development, creative development, media plans and tactical execution (may include merchandising and other retail objectives) for client’s brand(s) as they relate to consumer marketing efforts.
- Facilitate the communication, presentation and creation of promotional campaigns that meet client’s sales and marketing objectives.
- Seek to find available funding through brand or trade in order to drive consumer initiatives that deliver mutually beneficial results for our clients and Acosta.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities for AMG through the selling of services to prospective clients.
- Build relationships with all marketing functions and appropriate sales and headquarter functions of Clients. This includes visits to Client Headquarters and participation in marketing planning meetings (when applicable).
- Sell multi-branded events maximizing and leveraging the Acosta portfolio of products.
- Lead the strategic planning process as it relates to consumer marketing initiatives with Acosta Customer Team Leaders and local Business Managers when appropriate.
- Maximize available trade promotion, and brand dollars at clients, as assigned.
- Communicate/Recommend solutions to consumer marketing issues, to Team Leader, Divisional EVP, General Managers, National Director of Marketing and Senior Management of Client.
- Build national AMG Marketing events. This may include, but not limited to national FSI programs, such as Grillin’ and Chillin’, Fall Tailgate, Holiday events, Back to School, national direct mail pieces, national magazine or broadcast media.
- Enhance the expansion of Aisles of Smiles, insuring the execution, viability, community relations, and sales effectiveness. Coordinate work with MDA officials and the local Acosta management to sell program and achieve desired sales results.
- Share Best Practices from one market/region to another to maximize event’s sales potential.
- When needed, secure consumer research (such as Spectra) and category analysis (Asset Knowledge Suite) to support or validate marketing plans. Coordinate analysis Director of Category Management and/or Senior Category Development Managers. This may include analysis of spending versus incremental sales volume, client Scorecards, category, and brand and account information, syndicated data reports.
- Recommend most effective media and retail execution strategy and tactics.
- Insure that all radio, television, print, and other forms of advertising buys are made and provide commissions to brand or region – by making AMG agency of record for all Acosta accounts.
- Communicate and coordinate all retail initiatives with Regional Director of Retail Operations.
- Work on special projects as requested by President of AMG Marketing.
- May travel up to 40% of time.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in consumer packaged goods industry or in advertising or promotional agency.
- Self-motivated; self starter; strong leadership and management ability.
- Strong presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of core advertising and marketing functions, creative developments, brand management, media buying, post- promotional analysis, financial ramifications.
- Broker, Manufacturer, Advertising Agency, and promotional Agency understanding of roles and functions.
- Be able to prioritize multiple demands (retailer, manufacturer, Acosta) simultaneously and influence Associates for results.
- Proven analytical ability with strong attention to detail.
- Assertive, creative, team player and proven sense of urgency.
- Proficiency with computers including in-depth knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, scanning, PhotoShop, etc.
Acosta Sales & Marketing - 14 months ago
Acosta Sales & Marketing
Acosta Sales & Marketing
- 30 days ago