In coordination with the program director this individual is responsible for the coordination of clinical services.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinate affiliation agreements, umbrella affiliation agreements, and criteria for student placement in affiliating agencies for the entry level program. This included obtaining preceptor agreements and assuring appropriate placement for students during the nursing practicum.
2. Assure clinical site requirements are met by students and faculty and that evaluation of clinical sites are completed in timely manner.
3. Assist in coordinating, background checks, immunizations documents, CPR/BLS, health insurance, and drug screening.
4. Maintains database of all documents and updates as indicated.
5. Collects data and identify trends from the student course clinical evaluations.
6. Obtain appropriate clinical placement sites for students and evaluates clinical sites for appropriateness for the level of the student.
7. Submit request for clinical placements each term as indicated by the clinical agency.
8. Assuring clinical site requirements are met by students, including preceptor agreements and evaluation of clinical sites is completed in a timely manner.
9. Responsible for the coordination of clinical placements for the undergraduate nursing programs.
10. Negotiates for clinical sites. Recruits, orients, and places adjunct faculty.
11. Interacts with healthcare agencies to plan student rotations.
12. Works on activities and projects related to clinical education of students in the CAHN.
13. Member of Clinical Practice Council and other appropriate councils.
14. Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
3. Ability to effectively present information to student, public groups, or professional organization.
4. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
5. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
6. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
7. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.
8.Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
9. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
10. Participate in state and/or local community service that is a recognized from a career development.
Maintain current Florida Nursing License.
Major (if required):
1. Minimum of five years of related experience and/or training, including research.
2. Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Nursing or related field required for teaching in MSN or Doctoral Program.
3. Must obtain a Doctoral Degree in Nursing or related field within seven years of employment.
Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Nursing or related field.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?
Nova Southeastern University - 19 months ago
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...