JOB TITLE: Director, Creative Fragrance
DEPARTMENT: Product & Fragrance Development
REPORTS TO: AVP, Creative Fragrance
- Direct the development of new fragrances for assigned brands within required profile and cost parameters.
- Present submissions to brand merchants on project allocated
- Analyze the categorys competitive landscape & identify white gaps
- Propose, execute and support big picture strategies for both Brands
- Collaborate with Mast partners on strategic initiatives
Relationship Development (Mast, Brand Merchants, Vendor)
- Build internal relationships - functionally and cross functional.
- Build Brand relationships and establish yourself as a Creative Fragrance Professional
- Work closely with fragrance suppliers to leverage creative resources
- Work closely with internal partners to handle projects seamlessly
- Be collaborative and inclusive and leverage abilities of all team members.
- Regularly update Senior management on weekly activities.
Product & Fragrance Development (Mast, Brand Merchants, Vendor)
- Generate ideas and build targeted fragrances that achieve the desired goal/emotional connection to the brand in development.
- Evaluate submissions objectively; drive creative development with fragrance houses to achieve desired olfactive positioning.
- Be creative, resourceful and open minded and make olfactive recommendations when needed
- Be the Creative Fragrance expert
- Trouble shoot stability review for core form (i.e. EDT/mist or Lotion) as needed
- Maintain costing guidelines
- Maintain and leverage Libraries
- Maintain accurate status sheets & internal record
Category/Market Expertise (Internal, External, Other, Libraries)
- Collaborate to the competitive patterning for relevant brands.
- Understand micro and macro trends that impact brand portfolio and identify white space opportunities.
- Initiate and lead communication and alignment related to new olfactive opportunities.
- Support olfactive trends and new launch information as needed.
- Get to know the customer: support brand merchants with in store testing as needed.
- Study consumer test feedback and leverage for optimization
Talent Management/Development (Functional/Cross Functional)
- Conform with HR Performance Management & Talent Development processes
- Attend and participate in Limited Brands Learning Manager classes.
- Identify continuous learning opportunities for self and direct reports
- Manage and guide the activities of direct reports.
- Be collaborative with teammate and cross functional partners
- Assist in On Boarding new associates.
Key Meetings (Mast, Brand Merchants, Vendor)
- Status meetings with Manager- weekly
- Team Staff meetings
- Coordinate, attend and participate in Vendor and Client meetings.
- Attend and participate in Commercialization meetings.
- Project meeting with Brand team as needed.
- 10-15 years of experience in fragrance and product development in a beauty or personal care organization.
- Bachelors degree in Cosmetics Science and/or Fragrance Marketing, or Chemistry, or equivalent experience
Mast Global, part of the Limited Brands family, is a supply chain team recognized world-wide for its innovation, speed, efficiency and quality. Mast Global supports the $10 billion Limited Brands enterprise as its production, sourcing and logistics arm, providing our world-renowned brands with the best in end-to-end make and move solutions. Mast Global includes development, production and sourcing of intimates, apparel, accessories and gifts, home fragrances, and personal care; technical services focused on production efficiency, regulatory compliance and quality assurance; and a full-service logistics operation that delivers global supply chain solutions beyond basic transportation, warehousing and distribution.
Limited Brands - 13 months ago
BUILDING A FAMILY OF THE WORLD'S BEST FASHION RETAIL BRANDS
L Brands, through Victoria's Secret, Pink, Bath & Body Works, La Senza and...