Teach For America seeks a Director of Teacher Data Systems, on the TPSD Technology Execution Team, a team that works with the Information Technology team to execute across a full lifecycle of visioning and requirements through the development, release, training, and community management of our innovative technology solutions. This individual will partner with the Information Technology team to manage the Regional Online Student Achievement Tracker (OSAT) Project, which aims to put more high-quality web-based student performance tracking tools in the hands of our corps members and staff to guide decisions, assess progress, and fuel continuous improvement.
Teach For America recruits individuals to our corps who have the potential to be outstanding teachers. Our team helps give them the training and support to turn that potential into skill and action. Across the nation, we bring staff and corps members the best thinking in education from Teach For America and external partners, then help them translate these leanings into positive results for kids. By helping our people live up to their potential, we're ensuring students can fulfill their own.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with third party companies to deploy their student achievement tracking tool products to corps members and staff
- Working closely with our regional partners to understand their unique regional context in order to meet their tracking tool needs
- Partnering with regional teams and third party vendors to create and execute plans for training, release, adoption, support and community management
- Serving as a key conduit for understanding our users' needs and surfacing these to our vendors, to help ensure their product roadmap and product strategy leads to products that are innovative, delightful, user-friendly, and meet users’ needs
- Understanding the specific needs of our users and working with Teach For America's Information Technology team and third party companies to begin to build linkages between our many student achievement tools and resources in order to provide a more intuitive and integrated technology experience
- Assessing project impact so that we can ensure that the OSAT implementation is in line with our broader technology vision and that we’re continuously learning and improving throughout the iterative and innovative nature of the project
- Investing others in the TPSD Technology vision, which seeks to describe how technology is an important lever for our corps members, students, and staff to achieve transformational outcomes with their students
- Managing relationships with corps members who are using OSAT as well as key stakeholders on national, regional, and third party teams
- Communicating project updates and building consensus among a broad group of stakeholders
- Researching the fast-changing market for student achievement products and partnering with our TPSD Technology Strategy team to consider adding additional tools to the OSAT portfolio
- Fostering a culture of innovation on the team and with our partners and users
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
Education and Professional Experience
- operating with an innovation mindset and fostering a culture of innovation amongst others
- understanding state-of-the-art educational technology and software development practices
- tailoring approach toward the perspectives of others
- developing and cultivating beneficial internal and external relationships and networks in order to achieve results
- influencing others toward outcomes through an understanding of relationships, an adaptable approach, and a compelling manner
- communicating verbally in an effective and compelling manner
- identifying and acting upon learnings from both accomplishments and less-successful experiences by reflecting and proactively seeking feedback
- prioritizing and sequencing project tasks
- managing workload effectively and following through on execution
- making informed and timely decisions, and using sound judgment to prioritize actions
- Bachelors degree required
- Teach For America corps and/or staff experience preferred
- At least 4 years of work experience preferred
- Experience with and love for educational technology required
- Experience with student and teacher performance data preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
Benefits and Salary
- To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the link to the online application.
- All candidates must submit their resume and cover letter by 11:59 PST Sunday, July 14
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
One day, all children in this nation will have the opportunity to attain an excellent education.
Teach For America works in partnership...