Director, Employee Communications & Programs - Corporate Human Resources
The Walt Disney Company
Leading the creation and execution of The Walt Disney Company's Corporate Human Resources employee communication strategy, this role will work with key partners, including operations, internal communications, marketing and human resources to develop communication strategies that support critical initiatives and drive results for the business. Reporting to the SVP, Human Resources, the Director, Employee Communications & Programs will partner with business leaders to drive employee communications that inform, engage and create a sense of community across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) business units. This position will support business priorities and the success of TWDC through the creation of creative and integrated employee communications strategies. You will combine communications strategy with organizational savvy to lead and sustain change initiatives that improve performance and increase engagement.
- Author the strategic employee communications strategy in support of the Chief HR Officer's HR strategy
- Develop and execute communications plans to deliver on that strategy - to include objectives and programs outlining goals, key audiences and stakeholders, objectives, recommended media, expected results, metrics for success, and timelines for key business initiatives with defined deliverables and timelines.
- Lead communications planning and implementation for large- and small-scale organizational change efforts . Initiatives may include business reorganizations, technology & process transformation and performance management efforts.
- Closely collaborate with Global Corporate Communications team
- Determine and leverage opportunies across TWDC to tell the story of the success and growth of TWDC to increase employee engagement.
- Measure effectiveness of communication plans & identify opportunities for continuous improvement of communication vehicles, distribution, and communications processes.
- Provide guidance and tactical assistance to senior leadership on internal communications messaging (i.e. speeches, presentations, and written communications for town halls, webcasts, etc.).
- Contribute to social media, intranet efforts and internal content team on overall look, feel and direction of TWDC intranet presence.
- Develop employee feedback mechanisms and communicate feedback to senior level management team.
- 10+ years experience in a communications related field with a minimum of 4 yrs experience managing a team
- Demonstrated ability in creating and executing effective employee communications plans for highly-dynamic, complex businesses
- Excellent written, presentation, listening, and interpersonal communications skills
- Able to achieve results through a highly collaborative, relationship-based approach
- Proven ability to identify and deliver key messages to varied audiences
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs/strategies, identify the impact on our human resource assets and develop effective communications strategies for HR and business area stakeholders
- Experience with emerging communications technologies
- Strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to build effective team dynamics
- Ability to translate broad or complex concepts and ideas into clear, compelling communications
- Master's degree highly desired
- BA/BS required (Communications, Marketing, Liberal Arts or related field)
This position is with the legal entity The Walt Disney Company.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 2 years ago