Under direction of the VP, directs the daily operation of Facilities Management Finance and Administration (F&A) services, to maintain and ensure the operational integrity meets the University's and departmental goals and objectives. Including development of departmental policies and goals, Human Resources support, contracts preparation, and will oversee and monitor a multimillion operating and capital budgets.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Directs the daily operation of Facilities Management Finance and Administration (F&A) services by providing.
2. Oversees, tracks, and monitors the operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures for the F&A services.
3. Participates in the development and implements standard operating procedures (SOP's) and goals and objectives for the F&A services.
4. Oversees, monitors, and administers the annual employee performance appraisal process for the office; prepares and reviews performance appraisals for support staff and administers any corrective action.
5. Develops strategies and assists in the implementation of organizational development and succession planning.
6. Assists in the creation of long range planning for the department.
7. Oversees leasing transactions and creation of vendor's contracts.
8. Acts as a liaison between the Facilities department and the NSU community, vendors and contractors.
9. Problem solves, troubleshoots, and resolves routine issues to relieve the administrative burden of the Vice President.
10. Manages special projects.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
Serve on University committees.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a responsible manner.
2. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to complete projects within an established time frame and with a high degree of accuracy, skill and creativity.
3. Ability to plan and manage the work of subordinate supervisors and staff.
4. Ability to develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
6. Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and the Internet.
7. Ability to develop, establish, and maintain effective working relationships with the NSU community.
8. Knowledge of modern management principles, staff utilization and motivation.
9. Flexible, team-oriented, and able to handle complex detailed work.
10. Must be able to prioritize work schedule and have problem solving skills.
Major (if required):
Finance or Administration
Bachelor's Degree with a CPA or Master's Degree
Previous experience working in a higher education environment.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...