Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly-owned subsidiary brands: dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant and catherines. The company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a common goal - we make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best!
At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
What you'll do:
- The Director, Finance will have full financial (P&L) accountability for Ascena Global Sourcing (both domestic and international) inclusive of long range planning, budgeting, projections and reporting for the AGS and brand leadership teams. This person will partner closely with the AGS leadership team to help architect the P&L and proactively provide insights to maximize financial metrics. This person also partners closely with the Accounting Operations and Reporting teams to ensure monthly accruals and actuals are properly stated. Develops, recommends and/or implements programs/initiatives to improve profitability . Proactively identify risks and opportunities and provide recommendations to leadership
- Serves as Finance liaison with brand and Ascena Finance teams (FP&A, Accounting Operations, CFOs, etc.).
- Develops long range plans, budgets and projections in partnership with AGS Leadership team and brand finance teams
- Develops, implements and manages cadence to review progress against budget/projection/LY
- Develops and produces weekly reporting to drive insight into AGS to help proactively minimize risk and maximize opportunities
- Responsible for overseeing metric reports
- Responsible for the accuracy of the monthly reports working closely with Accounting Operations and Reporting
- Provide ad hoc analysis
- Responsible for coaching and developing team
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 6-8 years progressively complex work in Finance/FP&A, preferably in a global/international sourcing or specialty retail organization
- Experience working in a FP&A role within a global direct sourcing organization preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop direct reports
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to build strong effective cross-functional / cross-brand relationships
- Strong influencing skills
- Proficient in: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint