Warner Music Group: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: Corporate Finance provides support to the label Finance teams in closing the books, budgeting, forecasting and managing corporate service costs.
High Level Job Description: This position will be responsible for overseeing the global consolidation and SEC reporting of Warner Music Group Corp. reporting to the Vice President, Assistant Controller.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all external (SEC) reporting and other reporting regulations (XBRL, S-4, press release, earnings documents, etc…)
- Oversee the global consolidations and financial close process for over 150 worldwide sites.
- Assist with inquiries of debt holders, members of the Board of Directors, Senior Management, and parent
- Responsible for additional financial reporting to Senior Management, Board of Directors and other key primary stakeholders
- Leverage technology and focus on continuous improvement in the financial statement close and external reporting process
- Review consolidated income statement/balance sheet accounts and factsheet provided to upper management and investor relations used in preparation of 8-K (press release) and earnings script
- Coordinate on appropriate implementation strategies for changes in accounting standards and assisting in developing and ensuring compliance with WMG’s global accounting policies
- Key contact for worldwide finance team and other departments (e.g. legal, investor relations) for reporting, accounting, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), and other issues.
- Assist in maintenance and development of HFM.
- Ensure SOX requirements for the department are met and compliance is maintained at all times.
- Undertake and manage special projects and other reporting needs as required.
- Key point of contact for external auditors
- Direct supervision of the consolidations team (manager, financial analyst) and the external reporting team (manager, financial analyst)
- Previous experience in auditing and reviewing SEC filings including Form 10-K and Form 10-Q
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
- Superior organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrates partnering, influencing, and communication skills up and down the organizational structure to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
- Ability to work proactively, independently and as a strategic partner in a team environment
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, meets deadlines and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Proficient with MS office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word).
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management is a plus.
- CPA license is required.
- Big Four experience
- 10+ years professional experience in accounting and reporting
- SEC reporting experience
- Large multi-national experience a plus
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 22 months ago