Riverside Community College District
Director, Health Services - Riverside City College
Department: Student Services (R)
Position Type: Academic Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Amount: $97,982 - $119,289 annually
Deadline: Interested candidates must apply by 02/11/2013, 8:00 p.m. PST
Under the direction of the Vice President, Student Services, provides a comprehensive, student centered health services program including emergency and first aid care, nursing, medical and psychological services as well as a program of health education, prevention and community health referral; acts as a campus liaison in matters of campus wellness and safety; acts as a patient advocate while protecting the district from potential liability; provides employee health related to communicable disease prevention, emergency care, workers compensation procedures and referral.
May supervise and direct Health Services Supervisor, College Nurse, Health Services Specialist, and Clerk Typist. Coordinates activities of various hourly and contract personnel including RN I, RN II, RN III's, Nurse Practitioner, Physicians, Mental Health Professionals, Health Education specialists, Peer Educators and clerical workers.
Master's degree in nursing and a California Public Health Nurse certificate OR a bachelor's degree in nursing, a master's degree in nursing health education, sociology, psychology, counseling, health care administration, public health, or community health, and a California Public Health Nurse certificate. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
At least two years recent experience as a professional nurse. Certification as a nurse practitioner is desired. A minimum of two years experience in student health services, public health services, clinic, hospital, health education or equivalent. One year of formal training, internship or leadership experience reasonably related to the assignment is required.
The principles and techniques involved in the organization and management of a health service program, health care regulation, health care safety laws and regulations.
Provide emergency health care services; maintain careful records and prepare accurate reports;
implement and interpret district policies; determine effectiveness of current programs; provide health counseling and referral;
maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
collaborate with campus disciplines to facilitate delivery of a comprehensive and integrated health services program.
Must possess a valid, current California license as a registered nurse.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Must have evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
1. Supervises the work of employees which may include Health Services Supervisor, Health Services Specialist, Secretary III and Clerk Typist. Coordinates activities of various hourly and contract personnel including RN I, RN II, RN III's, Nurse Practitioner, Physicians, Mental Health Professionals, Health Education specialists, Peer Educators and clerical workers.
2. Consults with other employees of the district, private and public health agencies in the community to assist in solving student health problems.
3. Negotiates and maintains contracts for psychological and medical service providers, vaccine, pharmaceutical and medical suppliers, laboratory and diagnostic imaging centers.
4. Reviews charting, updates and develops health education materials and ensures quality patient care.
5. Ensures the development and maintenance of relevant databases.
6. Provides health education on an individual and group basis for students, staff and faculty.
7. Provides crisis intervention to students and staff.
8. Ensures appropriate response, assessment and treatment of on-campus injuries, and provides guidance in insurance paperwork processing; serves as a resource for referrals and billing questions.
9. Coordinates with campus police, ensures nurse response and administration of emergency and first aid treatment on districts campuses.
10. Provides assessment and treatment of illness, including prescription medications, per Nurse Practitioner practice guidelines of the Board of Registered Nursing, and per protocols of RCC Health Services.
11. Receives students on a drop-in basis; acts as a resource person to students, staff, management and faculty regarding matters related to campus health and safety; acts as an advocate in resolving any problems.
12. Supervises peer health education orientations and weekly seminars.
13. Participates in local, regional, state and national activities to promote RCCD.
14. Continues participation in research and continuing education related to this position.
15. Prepares and controls the Health Services Budget.
16. Conducts Health Services staff meetings/in-services.
17. Ensures compliance with federal, local, and professional standards, regulations, procedures and practices.
18. Prepares analytical studies and reports.
19. Establishes standards of patient care and develops standardized procedures.
20. Maintains an understanding of current ideas, research and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position, through continued study and participation in professional organizations.
21. Serves as a member of the Management Association.
22. Performs other related responsibilities as may be assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is an Academic Management position with twelve-month contracts. Paid vacation, 22 days annually; and paid accruable sick leave, 12 days annually. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than 12 months. The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
For more information and to apply CLICK HERE
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
- Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
- An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
- Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
- Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
- Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
- The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
- The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
BlacksinHigherEd.com - 2 years ago