The Director of Human Resources will drive an effective people strategy, foster an organization design model, create and execute the talent development strategy, and foster a culture where employees feel valued and respected in alignment with the Express Way Values. This position is responsible for contributing to the development of HR strategies that support the organization and their business line area(s) and develop plans to implement these initiatives within their business lines. The role will require consultation with business leaders on talent management, employee engagement, and workforce planning decisions. The Director of Human Resources will also partner in the following Centers of Excellence: talent acquisition; performance management and improvement; policy development, implementation, and documentation; compensation administration; workforce planning; employee relations and counseling; employee communication; and special projects. This position will support over a thousand employees and requires overseeing the HR function for their business unit. Direct reports consist of HR generalists whom support a variety of HR initiatives throughout their business unit.
1. Think strategically by partnering with HR generalists and business leaders to assess client groups needs and monitor performance against defined goals; identify gaps in performance and works with business leaders and HR Generalist to develop solutions and close gaps.
2. Design and execute key HR initiatives to improve the functioning of HR across his/her respective business line areas of responsibility; including partnership with talent acquisition for strategies for hiring, talent management and employee development, legal issues and programs to support overall corporate and business line goals and initiatives; help to oversee all key HR initiatives for his/her respective business lines.
3. Support organizational change by helping leaders identify ways to build organizational capacity for change.
4. Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees.
5. Provide mentoring, guidance and work direction to HR generalist under their direction.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
-10-15 year's relevant experience or Master's degree with 8-12 years relevant experience
-Leadership, client engagement & relationship building skills
-Ability to coach and develop direct reports
-Must be able to build a strong team
-Solid understanding of labor relations, union contract negotiation and contract administration experience preferred
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 2 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.