Postal/Zip Code: 33637
Oldcastle Southern Group (OSG), part of the Oldcastle Materials Southeast Division, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the Southeast United States. With headquarters in Tampa, Florida, OSG is composed of four business units: APAC Southeast, Inc. (APAC Construction & APAC Asphalt), Conrad Yelvington Distributors, Inc. (CYDI), and Preferred Materials, Inc. (PMI). Our market covers the southeastern states of Florida, coastal Georgia, Southern Alabama, southern Mississippi and South Carolina. Our employees make OSG a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Oldcastle Southern Group (OSG) is seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to join its team. The Human Resources Director will be responsible for all aspects of human resources management across several lines of business – asphalt paving & construction, ready mix concrete, building materials, aggregate production and rail distribution. The ideal candidate can grow into successively challenging leadership roles with the company.
talent gaps and develops specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company.
- Work with the company presidents and general managers in developing, implementing, and communicating human resource policies and procedures.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate OSG’s human resources function and performance.
- Participate in the development of organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the human capital perspective.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs, strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of OSG.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs, which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short- and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within OSG.
- Develop programs to allow the corporation to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of OSG. Included in this area, but not limited to only to the following, would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the HR function.
- Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication and community relations.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of OSG.
- Evaluation of the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
Bachelor Degree with 10-15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. SPHR Certification preferred.
An experienced leader and human resource executive (minimum of 7–10 years’ experience in managing HR) with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the construction industry or a manufacturing environment.
An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
A well-organized and self-directed individual. A team player.
An intelligent and articulate individual with excellent communication skills able to relate to people at all levels of an organization.
A trustworthy educator willing to share information and serve as a mentor. An experienced facilitator able to resolve interpersonal conflicts.
A decisive individual with a strategic focus on operations, implementation and details.
Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite.
What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...