Director, IT Vendor Management & Performance
Dallas, TX - Energy Plaza
Purpose of this Position:
As a member of the Energy Future Holdings (EFH) management team within Information Technology (IT), the Director of IT Vendor, Financial, & Performance Management will be responsible for:
How Will this Position Add Value?
- Strategic Sourcing – Providing leadership to our vendors, executing multi-million dollar contract negotiations, and managing vendor performance to ensure the optimal outcomes and realize the full value of EFH’s IT purchases.
- Performance Management – Optimizing and/or developing the processes, policies, and tools within IT for maximim efficiency and alignment to the performance goals set by the IT organization.
- Financial Management – Working strategically and tactically with business and IT leadership, as well as EFH Corporate Planning, to manage decision making, tracking/reporting, and controlling of IT-related spend resulting in achievement of the annual and long range financial plan for the IT organization.
Minimum Requirements for the Position (Education and Experience Preferred/Desired)
- By ensuring compliance to contracts, minimizing penalties, and optimizing EFH’s position with its vendors to get the best products and services at fair or better than market value.
- By streamlining and enhancing financial management of the IT department and projects.
- By providing a consistent and efficient operating model adhering to the established fiscal controls and meeting or exceeding the defined key performance indicators.
- By identifying areas for improvement that will result in reduced operating and/or capital expense.
- By ensuring that the IT organization is effectively meeting the goals and objectives of the corporation.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
This position requires:
At least ten years experience developing and managing a multi-million dollar IT budget.
- BS or BA degree.
- Fifteen plus years of multi-disciplined IT experience.
- At least ten years experience negotiating and managing IT-related, complex contract and vendor agreements for a large company.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Principal Accountabilities of the Position
- BS or BA degree preferrably in business, information systems or computer science with an emphasis in information technology; however, comparable work experience in the information technology field is acceptable.
- MBA with a focus in finance preferred.
- Professional certification a plus (e.g., CFCM, CCCM, IACM, ITIL, PMP).
- Certification in process optimization and management a plus (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN).
- Experience in application development, application management, and infrastructure management a plus.
1. Lead and manage a high-performing team responsible for establishing core contract, vendor, and financial management processes in order to monitor and manage contract and vendor compliance and performance, and alignment to the IT financial plan; ensure the development and integration of standard Supply Chain defined, contract and vendor management tools, templates, methods, and processes as well as Corporate Planning defined, financial management tools, templates, methods, and processes.
2. Review and manage contractual obligations of EFH IT and its vendors for new and existing contract agreements; review, approve and manage contract terms and conditions (including Service Level Agreement metrics) and manage payment tracking and approval processes for vendor invoices.
3. Conduct internal executive briefings on overall vendor contract compliance and performance on Service Level Agreement metrics; implement a recurring quality review process with strategic vendors to ensure all contract terms and conditions are met, risks and issues are resolved, and Service Level Agreement metrics are adhered to.
4. Act as primary contact between IT organization and/or business and Legal, ensuring all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly. Act as primary contact between TXU Energy and its vendors regarding issues and relationships.
5. Benchmark and provide market insight based on research and known industry data regarding overall status (and spend) of IT contracts and vendors; review and make recommendations to the business and IT management on all IT vendor bids, requests, and selections. This includes evaluating vendor productivity, efficiency and overall financial stability.
6. Establish TXU Energy IT financial management processes and procedures designed to provide for a consistent, effective and efficient system for IT financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, tracking/reporting and controlling spend.
7. Interact and support the Application Management (AM) and Infrastructure Management (IM) teams; make recommendations for the improvement of AM and IM delivery.
8. Ensure the value maximization and realization of fiscal and human capital investments through process performance management and optimization.
9. Serve as a leader in the company, promoting EFH’s vision and values while encouraging a diverse, high performance work environment (e.g., motivational, high morale, shared sense of achievement, respect for diverse backgrounds and opinions, accountable and empowered).
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
Key Technical Skills Required for this Position:
1. Expert knowledge of and experience in contract and vendor management specifically in an outsourced IT environment.
2. Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with business and IT stakeholders and senior leadership.
3. Ability to build strong relationships with vendors to provide reliable goods and services at a fair market value.
4. Expert knowledge of budget development and management; strong knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures).
5. An energetic, hands-on, enthusiastic, results-oriented manager, capable of adding significant value to the existing management team.
Key Behavioral Skills Required for this Position:
1. Will possess and exhibit a high level of integrity.
2. Must have a passion regarding contract and vendor management.
3. Will have the ability to successfully manage in a matrix environment and potentially across various countries.
4. Will have a high energy level channeled into a consultative style. This is a demanding role, but one in which the appointed candidate can grow their career within a dynamic environment and enjoy the autonomy and freedom to create success.
5. Will have a proven track record of success, a collaborative and participative management style.
6. Will have the ability to make presentations to Executive Management at EFH and its business unit subsidiaries.
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
Monster - 2 years ago