Director, IT- Security
North America-United States
Establishes, plans, and administers the overall policies, goals and procedures for the information security function. Initiates, implements and develops information security and disaster discovery programs in accordance with organizational information security standards. Performs and evaluates information risk on a regular time schedule. Promotes information security awareness within the organization regarding risks to information and information systems and provide guidance in managing risk to enhance business value. This individual will provide updates to management regarding information security program initiatives, accomplishments, and incidents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Ensure adherence to information security policies and procedures.
· Coordinate security program implementation across all offices, sites, and departments.
· Audit third-party suppliers to ensure appropriate security policies and practices are established.
· Review client contracts for information security capabilities alignment.
· Provide guidance and recommendations regarding prioritization of investments and projects that mitigate risks, strengthen defenses and reduce vulnerabilities.
· Approve and audit procedures and ensure they are periodically updated in accordance with information security policies.
· Perform security audit and risk assessments on corporate applications and end-users.
· Lead the investigation and responses to information security incidents.
· Monitor compliance with security controls and communicate unresolved security exposures, misuse, or noncompliance situations to management.
· Understand potential and emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and control techniques and assist IT and business staff in understanding and responding.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area(IT) with at least 8 years of experience in the field. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
PPD is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – embracing diversity and the responsibilities of corporate citizenship in our communities.
PPD values our former military & transitioning service member’s service.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent degree.
- CISSP or CISM certified
- Ten years’ experience working in Information Technology
- Five years management experience
Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing drug discovery, development, lifecycle management and laboratory services....