Director, Individual Direct Sales
A trusted health insurer for more than 75 years, Medical Mutual is the largest health insurance company headquartered in the state of Ohio and, with annual revenues of over $2.7 billion and surplus of $1.2 billion, rated one of the most financially secure health insurers in Ohio. As a mutual company, we operate for the benefit of our members without needing to meet the demands of stockholders or Wall Street analysts. Instead, we focus on developing products and services that allow us to better serve our customers and the communities around us and help our members achieve their best possible health and quality of life.
Medical Mutual has an immediate need for a Director, Individual Direct Sales. The Director, Individual Direct' Sales will report directly to the Vice President, Individual Sales and Marketing and be responsible for setting the strategic direction and developing direct call center and private public exchanges distribution channels for individual health insurance sales. The Director will also balance costs with customer preference and buying behaviors to drive an optimal channel mix plus develop and report on metrics that assure effective management of multiple channels.
• Understands and addresses market trends, customer needs, primary economic levers, and industry trends.
•Develops plans and strategies for achieving the Company’s individual sales goals.
• Enhances sales channel capabilities based on needs of key constituencies e.g., customers, exchange officials.
• Leads change management efforts related to channel improvements.
• Builds channels, as needed, making build versus buy decisions.
• Understands and monitors regulations related to each managed channel, including provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
• Works closely with product teams to define key selling propositions that will then translate to channel sales.
• Oversees channel operations, identifying ways to maximize revenue and profit.
• Defines and oversees incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve sales targets.
• Manages budget and resource allocation across the channel teams.
• Provides detailed, accurate sales forecasting.
• Appoints and develops staff through mentoring, performance management and coaching.
• Travels for in-person meetings with key customers and partners and to develop key.
• BS in Business Administration, Marketing or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 (ten) years channel sales management experience, including direct call center sales, preferably in the insurance or financial services industries.
• Experience overseeing channel launches is highly desired.
• Expert at needs-based selling methods and best practices.
• Knowledge of regulatory issues facing individual health insurance, particularly the Affordable Care Act.
• Advanced oral, written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills.
• Strong customer focus and ability to understand consumer needs.
• Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business strategy.
• Strategic decision making skills and the ability to initiate action.
• Demonstrated financial analysis and financial modeling skills and overall general business acumen.
• Ability to develop and implement channel strategies that consistently meet or exceed planned objectives.
• Ability to facilitate the acceptance and implementation of change and innovation.
• Ability to build and manage a successful sales team and create partnerships within the organization and with external business partners.
• Ability and willingness to occasionally travel intrastate and/or out of state.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please visit our website at: http://www.medmutual.com/global/careers/default.aspx .
Medical Mutual offers competitive compensation packages, excellent benefits programs, an onsite fitness center, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and generous paid time off.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Medical Mutual of Ohio - 24 months ago
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a not-for-profit managed care company that provides health insurance products and related services to some 1.6...