Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Client Services team.
This position is responsible for participant communications received through the telephones and in written form (email, USPS, fax.) Other participant services include (but not limited to) investment education and asset allocation, information on plan rules and regulations, support of the on-line access to accounts, distribution assistance, and account maintenance. This position is responsible for providing leadership, coaching and developing staff members of the unit as well as providing strategic direction of the unit's activities to ensure the delivery of stellar service to participants. Oversee the statistical reporting activities of the participant Call Center ensuring the analysis and performance of the Call Center.
Essential functions for this role include:
• In collaboration with VP, Client Services, and in support of corporate and division objectives, define and implement the department’s strategic plan and project plans for department’s initiatives. Formulate call center goals, setting appropriate quantitative and qualitative standards consistent with best practices in the industry. Work to continue to increase our performance via the NQR/NICE quality benchmarks. Ensure proactive, quality service is provided that meets the participants’ expectations. Provide support to escalated client matters.
• Review/Revise qualitative and quantitative call center standards consistent with industry best practices and in support of corporate, division and department objectives. Ensure standards and metrics at the call center and associate levels are within or exceed established expectations.
• Provide leadership in the oversight of call center services delivered to participants via the toll-free number. Oversee the participant call center’s staffing plan to ensure appropriate coverage. Oversee call monitoring performed by management to assure consistency with and accuracy of service and that quality standards are met or exceeded. Implement performance and quality calibration sessions.
• Develop and implement approaches for the integration of new business (i.e. plans), products, and services into the Investor Services environment. Provide Investor Services’ representation and input as new business is implemented and products and services are developed.
• Provide management oversight to the personnel actions of the call center (hires, promotions, terminations.) Establish guidelines for overall staff performance. Ensure consistency of work standards across call center teams. Provide coaching, mentoring and development of direct reports. Ensure appropriate training is provided to call center associates.
• In collaboration with the Technology Director for Client Services ensure that all telephony functions involving NICE , CTI, ccPulse, CIS, Work Force Management, VoIP and all other systems are operable and meeting clients needs. Ensure consistent application of industry and corporate best practices across the participant Call Center. Conduct analysis of call statistics both at unit and associate levels to ensure the highest levels of efficiencies within Investor Services. Analyze trends and provide strategic solutions for change based on the results of analysis.
• Function as a Subject Matter Expert on topics and information required to provide quality call center service. Effectively interface with other departments and division including Compliance, Legal and Marketing. Define and implement policy and procedures for the contact centers that ensure a foundation for providing quality service to participants.
• Provide input into the budget process. Support the corporate directives to effectively manage expenses and reduce unit costs. Participate with senior management in identifying, defining and implementing strategies.
• Maintain a minimum number of insurance licensed associates within Investor Services. Ensure team is defined, trained and ready to take participant calls on an ongoing basis.
• Participate in the implementation of the Work Force Management system. Ensure the features are used to improve the performance of the call center. Effectively manage other projects assigned during the period.
• Other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA /BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience
• 7-10 years experience in a call center preferably in a financial service and/or qualified retirement industry environment.
• 7-10 years of overall supervisory/management experience with 5-7 years call center management.
• Detailed knowledge of both 401 and 457 retirement plan processing, including regulations that govern the plans; Monitor and promote goals for Call Center Performance.
• Detailed knowledge of contact center operations.
• Proven ability to represent ICMA-RC to participants and employers in a professional and highly competent manner.
• Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with existing clients and various divisions; Ability to influence others and provide leadership in customer service through example and experience.
• Experience with general record keeping system, call center reporting and systems applications.
• Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written)
• Thorough understanding of mutual fund industry and SEC compliance with respect 457 deferred Compenstion Plans/Retirement Plans.
• Experience with Call Center technology and its applications including a through understanding of telephony software including voice recording and workforce management software.
• FINRA Series 6, 63 and 26 licenses required. Insurance license preferred.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.