My client is a leading Fortune 500 insurance holding company who are currently expanding at an impressive rate, due to an large increase in customer base, and an impressive product portfolio.
They are currently looking to add a senior pricing actuary to look after their Long Term Care business. You would be looking after an existing team of 6, replacing the former director and continuing the development of the pricing and product development within this business unit.
Provide leadership in the development, design, pricing and implementation of new products. Fully understand the impact of product related regulations and communicate the effect of new or proposed regulatory changes. Establish and guide the development of advanced actuarial projection models to analyze profitability.
- Propose, research and develop innovative marketable individual and group LTC products in accord with the company's financial goals and risk appetite
- Propose new product ideas or existing product enhancements
- Ensure suitable pricing model projections are developed
- Evaluate financial impact and risk profile of product idea or enhancement and present findings
- Provide product specifications for new product or enhancement
- Analyze impact of product designs and reinsurance solutions on capital and surplus position.
- Ensure suitable actuarial models are developed to properly assess capital and surplus position
- Utilize macro pricing techniques in assessing feasibility of new products and/or changes to existing products
- Stay current with product related state and federal regulations, assess impact of new or proposed regulations on existing products
- Provide guidance on implementation of new products and support the review process as necessary
Although preferable, we do not require a CV, please feel free to get in touch regarding this role to talk to a member of the team to discuss this role. For more current openings with our clients, please see www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
- Quantitative academic background, preferably with post graduate studies in Math, Statistics, Actuarial
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Significant experience in Pricing and Product Development in a related insurance field; LTC, Health, Annuities, or related
- Advanced pricing and spreadsheet area
- Legal knowledge of LTC insurance contracts would be a plus
We welcome speculative and tentative applications roles and others of a similar nature that we may have available on our books.
Contact: James Friend on +44 (0) 203 141 8000
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
While a resume is preferable we also welcome tentative enquiries from well-qualified persons. To speak with an agent please contact one of our regional offices using the contact details listed below. Utmost confidentiality and discretion is assured.
LOS ANGELES | 1.310.807.5025
10877 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90024 | Office Hours: 6.00-21.00 PDT
NEW YORK | 1.212.763.8333
1325 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10173 | Office Hours: 9.00-21.00 EDT
LONDON | 0203.141.8000
Westminster Tower, London, SE1 7SP | Office Hours: 8.00-20.00 GMT
HONG KONG | 852.3678.6738
2 Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central | Office Hours: 9.00-21.00 HKT
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com | www.g-t-r.com | www.gqrgm.com
GQR Global Markets
For the latest vacancies, please join our group on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1615777&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr
QuantFinanceJobs.com - 14 months ago